Mototeck undertail

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
My preference would be a mototeck undertail and I see on there websight I could order from them...Anyboard sponsers dealers or anyone know of a dealer that might cut me some slack on the price?

Whew...I'm up to $359 plus shipping and haven't even picked out the hugger yet...

You know I wouldn't mind a more basic undertail or mod (of quality) that allowed me to keep the shape of my stock tail light, make em clear and integrate the blinkers. Reasonalby priced...that would be my very close second choice undertail.
Anybody have any info on that procedure?

The Mototech undertail looks nice but the tail/blinker/brake lite suck. They look good but they are almost worthless on a sunny day. I was riding yesterday with a mototech busa. A dozen bikes up ahead of me and they all had a visible tail light except the mototech one. Turn the blinker on a hundred feet ahead of me and I couldn't see if it was blinking or not. Just not safe IMO. I'm thinking of maybe cutting the mototech tail light out and installing the OEM tail light. Mototech unit looks really cool but has a very poor set up on the lights. If I were you, I'd have a good look at the Motorhead's undertail?

The Mototech undertail looks nice but the tail/blinker/brake lite suck. They look good but they are almost worthless on a sunny day. I was riding yesterday with a mototech busa. A dozen bikes up ahead of me and they all had a visible tail light except the mototech one. Turn the blinker on a hundred feet ahead of me and I couldn't see if it was blinking or not. Just not safe IMO. I'm thinking of maybe cutting the mototech tail light out and installing the OEM tail light. Mototech unit looks really cool but has a very poor set up on the lights. If I were you, I'd have a good look at the Motorhead's undertail?
Well there are different light options availible

there is one with 11 red led and one with 48 red led, hmmm...they both have 6 amber leds though...what color lens did your buddy have?

Anyone with a Mototeck undertail care to enlighten the rest of us?

Justyntym,

I am not sure what the mototech looks like but if you are wanting something that keeps a stock looking tail light. Here is the thread were I shaved off the flap and added a clear alternatives unit. It is very bright and it was done for about $100 (wouldn't have cost that much but I had to rework part of the wiring, because I didn't read the instructions). It can be done for around $90.

Don

Well there are different light options availible

there is one with 11 red led and one with 48 red led, hmmm...they both have 6 amber leds though...what color lens did your buddy have?

Anyone with a Mototeck undertail care to enlighten the rest of us?
I have the Mototeck with the 48 LED upgrade and it's perfect in full sunlight. I checked everywhere before I purhcased and decided to go direct from Mototeck. The service was perfect and the shipping was FAST! And I paid $359 too!

I know what you're saying about the hugger, but I would suggect NOT scrimping on cost. Some people go with a fiberglass hugger but I wanted ABS... so I went with the Roca Design from Extreme Graphics.

Here's my original post:

Mototeck 48 LEDs in Sunlight
1.jpg

Actually BigGeorge, I like your undertail/hugger set up...I've already got that link saved to my favorites. That's exactly what I want to do...course, that option cost $$. Figure it was around $500 with the hugger.

Guinevere looks pretty good to Usn04...but then I got to find a plate holder and where did you get the tail light/blinker clear housing and wiring??

I hate the thought of ME doing the dremel thing on my bike. I don't mind the mechanics but I'm not very "crafty" (as fatass O'donnel puts it).

The20Rosie20ODonnell20Show-1.jpg

AHhhhhhhh  
AAAssjani.gif
I can not stand that "woman".
Gack....I bet just killed this thread...

<!--EDIT|Justyntym
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151974827 -->

Back