Motorcycle safety class

kkattan

Donating Member
Registered
just checked this out.. back in Mass it was over $200 bucks for the beginners.. and over 100 for the advanced..

here in Michigan they have state funded programs..
$25 dollars.. woo hoo.. and you might get insurance deduction.

trying to sign up now..

go to your state RMV or DMV and get the info.. might save over $25 just in insurance.. and you might learn something in the class
smile.gif

I think its still free in IL.
May take the course for a insurance discount.
Most insurance companies give 10% off.

That is good news... i dont care how long you have been riding... if you havent taken this course you need to take it... you WILL learn something!!

+1 on taking the MSF course. No doubt in my mind the skills I learned had saved my heinie on several occasions
blush.gif

+1 on taking the MSF course.  No doubt in my mind the skills I learned had saved my heinie on several occasions
blush.gif
Yea, well in Hawaii that's because of all the flora, ocean , and Babes to look
wow.gif
at !! I guess it would save your heinie alot more than sever times. Kinda hard to keep the ole eye balls
eyes.gif
on the road with all that to look at  
laugh.gif

i paid $250 for the advanced riders course a few years back and i loved it. the course was similar to the basic but the advanced had a few extras. you obviously get to use your own ride instead of those little honda 250's. great course and well worth the money especially if it is $25 bucks

Cost $165 for the BRC in CT. Worth every penny. Insurance discounts apply. Highly recommended to *everyone* regardless of how much riding experience you have.

just checked this out.. back in Mass it was over $200 bucks for the beginners.. and over 100 for the advanced..

trying to sign up now..

go to your state RMV or DMV and get the info.. might save over $25 just in insurance.. and you might learn something in the class
smile.gif
Yep, you get to save 175 and have your bike swallowed alive by massive pot holes. Welcome to Michigan
smile.gif
The insurance decuction is good for 3 years too. Keep your cert. they need a copy of it, at least with my provider.

You need to sign up ASAP the classes fill up VERY fast. If you dont get in at least get on the standby list and show up the first day of class there are usually a few no-shows.

Mrs. Dude will be going to class this spring.

smile.gif

trying to sign up now..

smile.gif
Yep, you get to save 175 and have your bike swallowed alive by massive pot holes. Welcome to Michigan  
smile.gif
The insurance decuction is good for 3 years too. Keep your cert. they need a copy of it, at least with my provider.

You need to sign up ASAP the classes fill up VERY fast.  If you dont get in at least get on the standby list and show up the first day of class there are usually a few no-shows.

cool dude.. yeah tell me about the pot holes.. can design cars here but they cant fix the streets?

well me and my sis are signing up. still looking for an insurance company.. everyone was off saturday
sad.gif

smile.gif

Whish I could find it that cheap in NY. The best price I got was $275.

I think its still free in IL.
May take the course for a insurance discount.
Most insurance companies give 10% off.
Well yes and no

It costs 20 or 25 can't remember but that money is given back or you have the choice of donating and getting a shirt....yeah baby I got an MSF shirt

trying to sign up now..

smile.gif
smile.gif

You need to sign up ASAP the classes fill up VERY fast.  If you dont get in at least get on the standby list and show up the first day of class there are usually a few no-shows.

cool dude.. yeah tell me about the pot holes.. can design cars here but they cant fix the streets?

well me and my sis are signing up. still looking for an insurance company.. everyone was off saturday
sad.gif
Seriously, my wife has destroyed 2 rims on my car (one of them was a $500 aftermarket rim) from the damn things.

Try state farm first and possibly allstate. Prior to yesterday I would have said FORGET allstate for bike rates since they are ridiculous (and quoted me 2000 for a 94 VFR to which I relplied "you're f*cking high" and hung up.) However, I just got a flyer in the mail from them that says they recently changed their bike rates so maybe thats worth a try.  I use Allstate for everything but the bike and progressive (yea yea boo, hiss
smile.gif
) for the bike (~800/year full coverage (multi-bike/various other discounts) ).  Unfortunately for what I save on the house, property, and my various other vehicles its not worth changing.

smile.gif

smile.gif

also remember you don't have to take the MSF class in your state. if you are bordering another state, check out their prices. I know many people from the DC area were in my class last year and saved over $200 in the class.
good luck.
Tony

Wow that's a great deal, here the basic course is $175 and the advanced is $75....in the basic course they supply the bikes and a helmet, you get a certification for DMV so you don't have to take their test. Advanced course, there is no DMV cert and they don't provide the bikes
wink.gif

DaCol,
How I wish I did some riding here in Hawaii...all my bike riding has been in SoCal (I am currently asigned to a ship stationed in Pearl Harbor). BTW, luckily for us military folks, MSF class is FREE.
smile.gif

Back