Just how easy was it to get your license?

I thought this was about getting a license, NOT insurance........

rant.gif

HP Junkie. to get insured by USAA you need to be in the military. That is the reason that they have the low rates.
They turned me down for motorcycle ins. because I had only been with them for 6 months and they said they needed me to be there for atleast a year. I could probably check with them again by now but just got done with a speeding ticket in the car so not sure if I really want to go that route right now. Couldn't hurt to check though.

Here in GA the written part was easy but the riding part kicked my but.
down.gif
There was a 90 deg turn that you had to make (easy), a sweeper (easy), emergency stops(easy), but the emergency turns were a little harder. You crossed one line on the ground and had to get up to 15-20 mph and maintain it until you crossed a second line. At that point the officer running the test pushed a botton on his controller that turned on a light in front of you. The lights were set up so that there was a green light on either side, a red light on top and another green light on the bottom. Depending on what light came on is what you had to do. If the top red light came on emergency stop as fast as you can without skidding. If one of the side green lights came on you had to make as sharp as a turn as you could. (kind of like a emergency avoidance turn). If the lower green light came on you just returned back to the starting line.

I got my bike license quite easy because I done many hours of dirt bike riding but I think the coorses are very good.

I hope your riding goes well.
biggrin.gif

Welcome Buffo Busa! You just sort of slipped in, didn't you?
Introductions?
smile.gif

KY......take a simple questionaire on a computer.......30 days later, take a driving test in a sectioned off part of the parking lot. Busa was too big and tight to negotiate but I was wearing a state police t-shirt at the time and the tester passed me anyway. As far as " do I think its too easy to get a motorcycle license?".....no....actually, I wish they would make everyone take a written test to renew their driving license(cagers) just to refresh them about proper driving. If you can't ride a motorcycle properly....you'll be weeded out on your own.

KY......take a simple questionaire on a computer.......30 days later, take a driving test in a sectioned off part of the parking lot. Busa was too big and tight to negotiate but I was wearing a state police t-shirt at the time and the tester passed me anyway. As far as " do I think its too easy to get a motorcycle license?".....no....actually, I wish they would make everyone take a written test to renew their driving license(cagers) just to refresh them about proper driving. If you can't ride a motorcycle properly....you'll be weeded out on your own.

I have to agree with jwcfbd on the GA part. That quick lean avoidance thing sucked BIG time and you cannot touch the brake till you pass a certain point. but the rest was easy I passed on the first try.

What do you guys mean by licence for motorcycles. i did not know you needed a drivers licence?
biggrin.gif

in tn u take a 30 question test only allowed to miss 6 then go to the back of parking lot turn a figure 8 and your done.
laugh.gif

Back