Motorcycle dealer dies doing what he loved

Laylas_Mom

Registered
Harley dealer killed - OrlandoSentinel.com
Bruce Rossmeyer, whose empire of Harley-Davidson dealerships made him the company's largest dealer, was killed in Wyoming in a motorcycle crash, sources confirmed.

Rossmeyer was traveling with a group of friends on his way to the Sturgis motorcycle rally in South Dakota.

Wyoming Highway Patrol officials confirmed there was a fatal motorcycle crash involving a Florida resident on Wyoming Highway 28 near Pinedale, but refused to release further details.

Rossmeyer's family is expected to release a statement soon.

From his first dealership in Daytona Beach in 1994, Rossmeyer amasssed an empire of at least 12 Harley locations, from South Florida to Tennessee to Colorado.

The crowning jewel was Destination Daytona, a 150-acre resort for bikers off Interstate 95 with hotels, condominiums, restaurants and stores anchored by his big-box-size dealership, which ranks as the largest dealership.

Rossmeyer made his face synonymous with motorcycles. If you haven't seen his highway billboards, you may spot the portly magnate on TV ads with Geico's gecko.

thats a shame ... he always had a flare for makeing some good times in daytona

I've seen his billboards and business in Florida. Rest In Peace brother

fallen_riderz.jpg

Rest in peace Bruce , prayers sent for his family.

R.I.P.

"Rossmeyer, who was not wearing a helmet..."

Maybe if he was geared up...

I kinda believe that in the big picture dying doing what you loved
kinda pales...your still dead and it doesn't beat living to do it again
another day.

Last edited:
Rip

That guy sold new HD's cheaper than anyone else.
Not at Biktoberfest. They were from one to two thousand more than you could buy one in Tifton for. People were standing in line to get financed. I just rode my Honda right on back to the house. He will be missed by the Harley family I'm sure.

"Rossmeyer, who was not wearing a helmet..."

If he indeed was not wearing a helmet, I have no sympathy for him. I'm sorry, it was his choice and apparently a poor choice.

It's like a smoker dying of lung cancer. I just can't make myself feel pity! My dad taught me to make wise choices and life would be good. Call me evil I suppose?

Im sure he wouldnt want you to feel sorry for him at all. However he was an outstanding member of the local community. Did a lot of volunteering and funded a lot of charities for the kids. He will truely be missed.

Back