Do U remember the Wesley Snipes Chase

ResidentEvil

Registered
Wesley Snipes was thrown from his motorcycle but not seriously injured after a trooper for the Highway Patrol in Florida said the actor led him on a 120-mph chase.

Snipes, who stars in such films as Demolition Man, Sugar Hill, and Rising Sun, was riding his motorcycle in Jupiter, FL, when he allegedly sped by the trooper and led him on a 30-mile chase that ended when Snipes lost control of his motorcycle as he tried to exit a highway offramp and was thrown off of it.

The 31-year-old actor refused medical treatment and was cited at the scene for reckless driving, A spokesman for Snipes told the Associated Press that "contrary to rumors of an intentional high-speed chase, Mr. Snipes was unaware of the patrol car trailing him."

The action-adventure star was in Florida filming his latest film, Drop Zone, in which he plays a federal marshal who infiltrates a band of skydivers while tracking a killer.

Wow, that must be from a long time ago. Drop Zone came out in 1994 which means this happened when I was in 8th grade. :thumbsup:

Wow, that must be from a long time ago. Drop Zone came out in 1994 which means this happened when I was in 8th grade. :thumbsup:

You whelp :poke:

P.S. I actually jumped that DC3 in that movie a bunch of times in the 90's; "Mr. Douglas" is a famous skydiving airplane - has a cool hand-painted mural in the back - flew a lot of jumpers in the 70's -80's. That plane actually started out as the personal transport of the owner of Douglas Aircraft (why it's called Mr. Douglas); It now sits forlorn on the tarmac at the Tullahoma Regional Airport in Tullahoma TN.

I was on the last flight that plane ever flew (jeez, had to be around 1999-2000 as memory serves); at about 5000 feet the DZO (Chris Martin - RIP) comes back and says "well, we are gonna have to get out low"; when someone asks why, he points out the window at the left engine - the prop was sitting still pointed straight up.

I really wish that aircraft would get fixed it is a piece of skydiving history. Jeez when did I get old?

Last edited:
I also remember they tried to pin a marijuana charge on him too. And they caught him at a gas station while he was refueling, they smashed into his bike with the squad car. So if it took him that long to catch up I believe he never saw him.

That was definitely a log time ago ???

Is there more to the story ???

You whelp :poke:

P.S. I actually jumped that DC3 in that movie a bunch of times in the 90's; "Mr. Douglas" is a famous skydiving airplane - has a cool hand-painted mural in the back - flew a lot of jumpers in the 70's -80's. That plane actually started out as the personal transport of the owner of Douglas Aircraft (why it's called Mr. Douglas); It now sits forlorn on the tarmac at the Tullahoma Regional Airport in Tullahoma TN.

I was on the last flight that plane ever flew (jeez, had to be around 1999-2000 as memory serves); at about 5000 feet the DZO (Chris Martin - RIP) comes back and says "well, we are gonna have to get out low"; when someone asks why, he points out the window at the left engine - the prop was sitting still pointed straight up.

I really wish that aircraft would get fixed it is a piece of skydiving history. Jeez when did I get old?

I enjoyed this share....more then any of Wesley Snipes movies :laugh: All the movies he does now are straight to DVD.

Good stuff skydivr :thumbsup:

Back