MotoGP 2018

A lot of respect for Rossi, the way he worked himself up in the ranks today.

I guess one team is both happy and sad about the win today, showing world class skills back on the track.

So, if Rossi was riding for Honda this year, where do you think he would have finished?

And, If Marquez was on a Suzuki this year, where do you think he would have finished?

VR did do well all things considered :cool: and somewhere between 10th and 5th on a Honda.
MM 7th to 4th on a zooki.

VR burned his ties many years ago with Honda..

Jelly wasn't saying it's not possible, he is saying you're solving a problem no one has. there is no need for variable compression in a motor that runs at full throttle 80% of the time.
if it could move the bike faster in a straight line... winning races... still no?... I know.. I know... u believe they are overpowered now... and need better brakes/tires.

if it could move the bike faster in a straight line... winning races... still no?... I know.. I know... u believe they are overpowered now... and need better brakes/tires.

Let me try and break this down for you:

Everything on a MotoGP bike is a compromise between power, weight, and complexity. If they could, MotoGP designers would rather run 2-strokes at 25K+ rpm and get rid of valves, cams, etc. Anything that spins is adding to the bike's centripetal resistance to turning. Do you think you know something they don't know?

One of the negatives of being young is you don't realize that nothing is truly new. I remember electric scooter back in the 1980'ss that ran off car batteries. Back then there were people saying electric is the future. Of course we were still waiting for fuel injection back then so it seemed like it was a long way off. But I have been surprised how long it has taking for a viable electric motorcycle to emerge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_motorcycles_and_scooters

One of the negatives of being young is you don't realize that nothing is truly new. I remember electric scooter back in the 1980'ss that ran off car batteries. Back then there were people saying electric is the future. Of course we were still waiting for fuel injection back then so it seemed like it was a long way off. But I have been surprised how long it has taking for a viable electric motorcycle to emerge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_motorcycles_and_scooters

Another negative is being arrogant and stupid. Don’t know why you bother.

Let me try and break this down for you:

Everything on a MotoGP bike is a compromise
between power, weight, and complexity .

If they could, MotoGP designers
would rather run 2-strokes at 25K+ rpm
and get rid of valves, cams, etc .

Anything that spins is adding to the

bike's centripetal resistance to turning.

Do you think you know
something they don't know ?

I’m only responding because this is the second time that you’ve made this inexplicable claim. For the record, you ignorant wretch, my kids are in their mid 30s.
LOL... U POSTED THAT IN A THREAD... look... I don't come at u sideways out of nowhere.. people think im the jerk because I get more extreme.... but cmon man..... leave me alone... ure not on my level... I PM you.. try to squash this.... u run to mods and such.... ure a weasel

Last edited:
LOL... U POSTED THAT IN A THREAD... look... I don't come at u sideways out of nowhere.. people think im the jerk because I get more extreme.... but cmon man..... leave me alone... ure not on my level... I PM you.. try to squash this.... u run to mods and such.... ure a weasel

Ali's variable compression just increased somewhat, almost at detonation level. :poke:

Cool shot from yesterday. Cant even see Lorenzo. Good shot of his tank mods.
marquez-lorenzo-austrian-gp-motogp.jpg

Back