MotoGP 2018

Well MM was laying down 1.34s on soft,medium or hard tyres everyone else 1.35s .
I saw that. Marquez seems to be that little bit faster than everybody over a series of laps. If you look at the " Analysis tab from each of the practice sessions its quite revealing, he was doing a Lorenzo-esque run in FP4.
http://resources.motogp.com/files/results/2018/NED/MotoGP/FP4/Analysis.pdf?v1_e9de03ad

As far as qualifying you really cant put too much emphasis on the pole time as everyone was drafting each other to the line. Lorenzo and Iannone looked to have things in the bag until 30 seconds to go then Marquez drug a whole slew of dudes to the top of the time sheets. Kind of funny really, but thats racing sometimes.

Assen is a bit narrower as well so there could be some carnage if there are a few good starters...

Yamaha have put a sensor on Mavs clutch to see whats going on.

Big talk this weekend is Dani Pedrosa and his dramatic fall off on pace this year and his probable move
to a Petronas backed Yamaha.

Yeah,that was a pretty good whack,a miracle they didn't both go down.That race was so good,I'm gonna watch it again this afternoon.:laugh:
Yeah that one is worth a re-watch. I switched to F1 after the MotoGP race so I still need to watch the Moto2 and Moto3 races as well.

Oh and if anyone from Bein-sports is reading this, get your poop together! I am sick of having to set 5 timers just to be sure that I record the correct race every frigggin week! 20 minutes of the MotoGP race recorded under the timer of the same title. Luckily the " Moto2" race I recorded after that wound up being the MotoGP race in its entirety! AMATEURS!

100 + overtakes ! it was like a Moto3 race phew :shocked::bowdown:

George did an outstanding job with his start again awesome to watch.

Nice 2nd for Rins and Suzuki and a relief for Mav to get back on the podium for an all
Spanish lock out.

Marquez's 1.34 lap times finally finished everyone else off but by then i really didnt care cause the
lead up to it was amazing !

Yeah great race. Jorge, pronounced horhey by most, not George, did his usual ‘beat em to the front’ launch and was 3rd entering the first corner and was in 2nd in another few seconds. Like Dovi though, he hates trading paint. As soon as anyone caught up with him he gave up position by position. Rossi sure was surprised by Jorge’s unexpected slow down but his experience and talent kept him upright and in the game. MM should look into Nascar when he quits GP racing. His ‘style’ is more suited to Nascar than open wheel racing in F1. Good to see thee brands on the podium once again. Different teams, bikes and riders all within a second or so of each other sure make for great racing.:thumbsup:

Yeah great race. Jorge, pronounced horhey by most, not George, did his usual ‘beat em to the front’ launch and was 3rd entering the first corner and was in 2nd in another few seconds. Like Dovi though, he hates trading paint. As soon as anyone caught up with him he gave up position by position. Rossi sure was surprised by Jorge’s unexpected slow down but his experience and talent kept him upright and in the game. MM should look into Nascar when he quits GP racing. His ‘style’ is more suited to Nascar than open wheel racing in F1. Good to see thee brands on the podium once again. Different teams, bikes and riders all within a second or so of each other sure make for great racing.:thumbsup:

What was the matter with his "style" today?:laugh:Ol' Reg Pridmore said MM is the best rider he's ever seen,bar none(and he's seen them all).MM is by far the most exciting racer on the grid,the announcers can't get enough of the thrills he brings to the game.Would be boring as hell if he ever pulled out,I'm guessing he'll hang around for awhile,at least long enough to break every record in Moto GP.:D

Marquez is a once in a generation talent no question. When you get a chance to see a real game changer like that in person it's truly impressive. Two guys come to mind for me personally. I watched Scott Russell at a Formula USA race in the Seattle rain once and he was literally toying with everyone else, wheelying everywhere just for fun. I believe that was prior to him moving to WSBK. The other was watching Travis Pastrana winning the 125 AMA national at Washougal, wheelying through the entire whoop section like Peter frigging pan. Marquez just seems to be capable of doing things with the Honda it's engineers never envisioned. How the hell do you design a bike to work for that?

I'm glad to see him,Rin,Zarco,and the other new up and comers in the game,probably some of the fastest riders ever assembled in one season.Marquez is gonna have to let it all hang out this year,compared to his first couple of years when he pretty much ran through everybody.I like the kid and I hope he wins a few more championships in the coming years,though it's a tough field out there so he'll really have to battle for every win.

Another race another rabbit from Marquez' hat!
Screenshot_20180702-144231.png

Back