More stretch advise...

ok did i miss anything?

SANY0172.jpg

going to drop the front 1 inch and the back 2 inches with a 45 tooth gear. I'm 300lbs and i really don't want the tire to rub...so no passengers, tighten up the spring and shock in the back, and stiffen up the front.

so i'm i missing anything? any advice let me have it :laugh:

sorry i was tired last night...i was going to go 6-8 inches, do i have to worry about wheel hop if i go to tight on the rear spring? any words of advice?

looks good to me. Can't wait to see the pics when you finish. I am going the same route was thinking about 7 inches with mine. Kinda nervous to do myself, will probably take her to the shop. Dont forget to post the pics:rulez:

you will need a stiffer spring all together or you will be bottoming out even with your stock spring tightened up...do to the considerable more leverage the extra inches will have on the suspension.. I think most are using 1000# springs, you can adjust the damping and rebound to slow down the movement that will give you a better result then the spring alone...its very dangerous if you bottom out the rear tire and it hits with enough force to actually stop it from spinning..I have seen it happen to a friend of mine and he went down....just check and ride careful until you know what its going to do....
also pictures when your done and while your doing the instal for all the guys who are thinking about doing it...
:beerchug:

sorry i was tired last night...i was going to go 6-8 inches, do i have to worry about wheel hop if i go to tight on the rear spring? any words of advice?
your spring will be way to soft even with it cranked all the way up the spring rate stays the same.... what you are mainly doing is changing the height of the spring....also a good tip on the new chain is once you break the old take your new chain and connect it to the old(without putting the second side on and riveting it of course)put your bike in neutral and pull the old out and the new in...that way you wont kick yourself and have to remove the plastics and everything else to fish the new chain around the front sprocket

one final thing..the marking on the chain adjusters aren't that accurate.. look closely at your tire and make sure it is straight, you can look at how the chain and sprocket teeth line up by rolling the wheel forward and backward..make sure the teeth of the sprocket are as centered on the chain as possible.... I took a tiny straight edge ruler and small c-clamp and clamped it to the sprocket just under the chain (may have to remove the chain guard for a minute), you can see how parallel they are in relation to each other that way..you don't want it to track wrong....

Last edited:
ok where can i get a 1000lbs spring?

I would like to know also. I weigh 225lbs. and would like to still be able to double someone if need be. is this possable with like a 3 or 4 inch stetch? SORRY don't mean to hi jack the thread, but did'nt want to start another. thanks. B.

ok where can i get a 1000lbs spring?
you can PM Demmym he just got one from Daniel @ cloud nine motorsports
CloudNineMotorSports.com Website is Gone
I would give Daniel all of your info and see what he recommends
same goes for you BLOWNWS6 2 up shouldn't be a problem but he will need to know the weight and stretch...
here is the chain guard from tiger and these brocks lowering links are better then the ones from soupy...both of these I found on Schnitz
who is one of our sponsers

tcg13both1.jpg

s13wlset.jpg

Last edited:
ok did i miss anything?

SANY0172.jpg

going to drop the front 1 inch and the back 2 inches with a 45 tooth gear. I'm 300lbs and i really don't want the tire to rub...so no passengers, tighten up the spring and shock in the back, and stiffen up the front.

Just asking, but what made you decide to go down a tooth on rear sprocket.

ok did i miss anything?

going to tighten up the spring and shock in the back, and stiffen up the front.

Just curious, how do you tighten up the spring in the back and/or stiffen up the front?

well i'm going to run 17/45 for gearing, as for the front shocks just go as hard as i can on rebound and preload etc... i found out just to get the 1000lbs spring in the back...

stock gearing is 18/43...

Last edited:
Back