question about suspension

haydennd

Registered
just stretched the rear end around 6.5 to 7 inches and my rear end is soft. not bottoming out but i want to stiffen the rear end up a bit. how do i adjust the the preload on the rear spring?

I hear you can't get enough. Thinking you'll need a new coil, but wait for the experts........

Think that is what I read also. Might have to get a stiffer coil for it. Especially if your going to be doing some 2 up riding. But, like DO3 said, the experts should be in here shorly.

Adding preload to the rear spring does not change the rate of the spring. When you crank down on the preload collar, you simply push on the spring and raise the rear ride height of the bike.

You will definately need a new spring. A heavier spring will overwhelm your OEM valving so I would suggest aftermarket valves to control the heavy spring as well! :beerchug:

You will need to stiffen up the shock, but the oem adjustments may not give you enough. Shoot Demmym a pm, he dealt with the same issue and got his parts from Daniel aka Goldenchild. Goldenchild is sponsor and guide you in the right direction.

just stretched the rear end around 6.5 to 7 inches and my rear end is soft. not bottoming out but i want to stiffen the rear end up a bit. how do i adjust the the preload on the rear spring?

Yes you need to put a new spring on the bike . Stock Busa is set up for 185lb rider my bike is out 7in i have a 1350 lb spring on and it changed the bike big time the ride is way better . Where are you at i can give you the number to the guy that set my bike up

Back