Heavy duty spring for rear shock....

URBAN COWBOY

Registered
Do you guys no where I can buy a heavy duty spring for my rear shock on '08 Busa? Do I have to replace the entire shock? I need to stiffen up the rear suspension with my 6" over swingarm extentions.

Ive got the HD spring from All things Chrome, I got for my 240 kit, but never ended up using it, which cost me an undertail:banghead:

Anyway, they sell em for $185, Ill give it to ya for $140 shipped.

Ive got the HD spring from All things Chrome, I got for my 240 kit, but never ended up using it, which cost me an undertail:banghead:

Anyway, they sell em for $185, Ill give it to ya for $140 shipped.

Sounds like a plan. Is it hard to replace the spring. I will have my shop do it, I just want to get an idea how's it's done. Do you have paypal?

Sounds like a plan. Is it hard to replace the spring. I will have my shop do it, I just want to get an idea how's it's done. Do you have paypal?

Its not bad, just gotta unscrew the top collar and have a spring compressor, takes longer to pull the shock/spring assembly from the bike than it does to swap the spring itself.
Id think an hour labor should be enough for em to do it.
PM on the way with paypal info:thumbsup:

Why do u need to swap the spring. Is it rubbing? I only ask cause Im a big guy and was going to stretch mine just 4inches. I ride two up sometimes and I want to avoid any rubbing. Have u tried tighting down the spring itself?

Why do u need to swap the spring. Is it rubbing? I only ask cause Im a big guy and was going to stretch mine just 4inches. I ride two up sometimes and I want to avoid any rubbing. Have u tried tighting down the spring itself?

I bought the spring originally so I could ride 2up and still have the bike sit where i wanted it with the soupys links. I never got around to puttin it on, and had a lil 110lbs girl on the back one night, that was the end of my undertail,:banghead: I was also running an 18in rear wheel.

Yep mine is rubbing. I have mine stretch 6 inches and lowered 2 inches in back and 1 inch in the front. She only rubs with a passenger on the back. I'm 180lbs and my passenger about 170lbs or so (she's not fat, just thick :laugh:) You might not have a problem with rubbing if your bike isn't lowered, but then again at 240lbs and then adding a passenger will put some more leverage on the stock shock and spring.

Yep mine is rubbing. I have mine stretch 6 inches and lowered 2 inches in back and 1 inch in the front. She only rubs with a passenger on the back. I'm 180lbs and my passenger about 170lbs or so (she's not fat, just thick :laugh:) You might not have a problem with rubbing if your bike isn't lowered, but then again at 240lbs and then adding a passenger will put some more leverage on the stock shock and spring.

I don't think you have a problem. Now that you posted her weight she will never speak to you again anyway :rofl:

I can understand that. I dont plan on lowering mine (but i do love that look). Im only doing a 4 inch stretch and from what i was told I should be ok. I do plan to stiffin the stock sping up a bit and see how that goes. With your 6 inch stretch how is your handling?

I can understand that. I dont plan on lowering mine (but i do love that look). Im only doing a 4 inch stretch and from what i was told I should be ok. I do plan to stiffin the stock sping up a bit and see how that goes. With your 6 inch stretch how is your handling?

She handles good. I really can't tell it's stretched 6 inches at all.

Back