Anyone Selling A Gen2 Rear Shock and Spring Assembly?

WickedMoto

Registered
I'm looking to find a stock Gen2 rear spring/shock assembly for a friends '06 GSXR1000.....anyone on where replace theirs with a drag shock and want to sell their stock setup? PM me if so. Thanks!

Chef beat me to it. That guy had one for sale. I just bought it for $50 but will flip it to you for $100 :laugh:

Just kidding. See if he still has it.$50 ain't bad at all!

Thanks guys! Do you happen to know if the Gen2 setup is a direct swap for the '06 GSXR1000? I've heard 2 guys say it won't and the rest say it will. Guy has a stretch and wants a cheap way for stiffer spring/better valving. Thanks!

I think the GSXR rear shock is actually stiffer than the busa due to different linkage geometry. One way to find out is to search what the spring rate of the thou is. The gen2 busa has about 14.5kg/mm, if I remember well.

Edit...I was wrong. It seems the 1000 spring is 8.1 kg/mm That means that fitting a busa shock (gen1 or gen2) will be good for a swingarm almost twice as long on the 1000.

Thanks for the reply! Looks like a perfect cheap upgrade for him since he bottoms out pretty hard right now even full tight.

50 is not a bad deal. I think I snagged mine for 40. 900 miles on it. It is on my winter mod list. Try psychobike.com. A lot of drag guys dump their stock shocks off cheap there. The other option is eBay which is where I got mine.

I have two of them. One fully stock the other revalved and with a single rate heavier spring on it ( done by GP Suspension in Oregon City, Oregon ) to better match my 190 lb body. Send me a PM if interested...ziggy

Back