Modified Clutch

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
Thought it might be interesting to hear from the folks who have actually done any of these mods. Up-graded basket, BD clutch kit, Or converted to cable.

I put in a one piece hub but didn't notice a difference. I would like to hear from some with the cable.

my buddy put in a billet basket kit, just ordered his turbo and will have to get the lockup clutch. If you drag race ALOT and have alot of mods and are running a stock clutch setup, you will get your face full of windscreen soon. Ineviteable.

my buddy put in a billet basket kit, just ordered his turbo and will have to get the lockup clutch. If you drag race ALOT and have alot of mods and are running a stock clutch setup, you will get your face full of windscreen soon. Ineviteable.
Make sure if your buddy bought a lock-up for the turbo that he busy braces for the clutch slave. If not he could rip out he whole unit. That is tremindious torque on the clutch with a turbo. I have not put one on my bike for that reason. Many have done it though. I think you can get the braces at MotorHeads.

thanks mike,
he has been racing all his life, well... at least since he was 12.
would kick most as$es on this site with a barely modded busa. they warned me about the windscreen slap, I did not believe them until I started testing, needless to say, my helmet shield has a nice scuff on it, my neck has healed just fine.

biggrin.gif

I tried the bd clutch mod but didn't like the stiff clutch springs
required when you lose the inside plate.So I used the one piece mre inner hub in combination with 2002 inner plate and
wave washer.Got most of the plate area back which allowed
the use of somewhat softer springs (mre).Works great and
does not chatter 1.48 60 ft.

MTC Billet Basket
MTC Billet Hub
MTC Multi stage lockup
THEMOTORHEAD case saver and clutch slave support
$2000 and I haven't even bought clutch plates yet.
wink.gif

Back