Clutch Mod AND Clutch Cushion?

aaronxs400

Registered
Already have a Brocks clutch mod...would you add a clutch cushion kit too? Its a 7 inch slick bike...will be upgrading to a lock up in several months. would you recommend the $200+ for the cushion kit or just save my money for the lock up?? I did the clutch mod because it seemed like it HAD to be done no matter what.

if you do follow the instructions. i believe the spring spacers from clutch mod and cushion cannot be used together.

My clutch is goofy, but it helpd mine some. I do not care for the stiff springs on the street.

If I were going lockup, don't waste your money

I'm a big fan of the cushion. As the clutch goes from slip to lock, is makes a smoother transition you can clearly see on the datalogger. This smoother transition makes for less shock to the tire, and less of a likelyhood to lift the front. It made the bike easirer to ride.

Already have a Brocks clutch mod...would you add a clutch cushion kit too? Its a 7 inch slick bike...will be upgrading to a lock up in several months. would you recommend the $200+ for the cushion kit or just save my money for the lock up?? I did the clutch mod because it seemed like it HAD to be done no matter what.

You cannot use the spring spacers from the mod with the cushion mod cause of the new springs already put 25% more pressure without the spacers be sure to check that.:beerchug:

well i ride a wheelie bar bike...and will be getting a lock up in a few months so i pry wont get it. thanks for the answer guys.

no need for the Cushion if your going to dump the clutch, the Cushion helps with sliding the clutch with your hand.

Back