Modifications to a 2010 Ninja 250R

Nice looking bike, but I bet she'll move out of it quickly like my wife did. I bought her a 2007 Ninja 250 and within a month she wanted a 600! lol:laugh:

You can buy my wife's 08 Kawi green Ninja 250...

So I can buy her the GSXR-600 that I just bid on ebay for her:laugh:

i would go with a slip on just to save money and easier to install. even if you get a full system it would require either a power commander or flashing the ecu to get the horsepower out of it which would be more money. then you just spent 800bucks or whatever to gain 4 horse on a bike that isn't really meant for the track or highspeeds to begin with.

so to save that money and trouble i would just spend 3 hun or so on the best looking/sounding slip on i could find. i like this one in carbon fiber
58cycle Parts & Accessories Webstore

ask one of the sponsors here i bet you can get a deal on it

Thanks for the explanation and the link!

I agree in that the little 250 is to much to small in power for an experienced rider. I would really suggest actually riding one before putting money down. It's fun, it's nimble, but you've got to rev it so high and shift it so often to go nowhere, it just gets tiring and frustrating.........You are literally in 5th gear in a 25 MPH zone.......It's insane......

I've got a blue 08 with some cosmetic mods and 500 miles on the odometer for sale in few weeks if someones looking in the area.......

Am I the only one that is confused here? Maybe I'm just tired so lets recap:

Your girlfriend wants a bike
She has over 50,000 miles experience on another bike?
She has piloted your busa but its too much for her
You think she will outgrow the little Ninja in a year
You want to mod the Ninja for her

Is this right or am I missing something?
???

Get her a literbike! My wife has zero miles riding, taking her cert this weekend; and has learned on a zx10r.......

Heidi,
I went with a 15/42 sprocket setup...it's a perfect commuting (55-60 mph) setup for me. I cruise around 5,500 rpm at 55 mph. Remember, these are strong engines, with a 20 year history of usage. Actually, I'm saving money on a turbo for my Busa....because after riding my Ninja for 2 days I get on the Busa....and I think it's got a jet engine in it!!!
Best of luck,
Robert:laugh:

Heidi,
I went with a 15/42 sprocket setup...it's a perfect commuting (55-60 mph) setup for me. I cruise around 5,500 rpm at 55 mph. Remember, these are strong engines, with a 20 year history of usage. Actually, I'm saving money on a turbo for my Busa....because after riding my Ninja for 2 days I get on the Busa....and I think it's got a jet engine in it!!!
Best of luck,
Robert:laugh:

Sweet! Thanks for the info!

Man go ahead and get her GSXR 600!!!!!!! or 750 then in a year or 2 she can get a busa!!!!:thumbsup:

HAHAHA:rofl: 250R Thats soo funny...i didnt know they make them that small except for mopeds.....im just saying *Kanye West shrug :whistle:

everyone makes one they even kick serious ass on the race circuit

even smaller bikes race

Peter Lenz :: 125GP Racer

250px-My_GSX-R250[1].JPG

Last edited:
You can't be serious?

Serious, At least in stock form.........Now I can't speak of gearing changes.....

Don't get me wrong, it's a fun little bike to play with, but it is and entry level learning bike and serves that purpose very well..........But if you plan on actually riding, or riding in groups, I'd seriously reconcider the options.....

Am I the only one that is confused here? Maybe I'm just tired so lets recap:

Your girlfriend wants a bike
She has over 50,000 miles experience on another bike?
She has piloted your busa but its too much for her
You think she will outgrow the little Ninja in a year
You want to mod the Ninja for her

Is this right or am I missing something?
???

I'm with you....I'm all about starting small,but did the op mean she rode 50,000 miles on the back of another bike or she actually operated it. If she can operate your busa a 250 definitely seems too small maybe at least a 600 if she has experience.

Why is it that most everyone thinks that because I have 50k+ miles on a 642cc bike that I need a one larger than a 250?

This isn't about what I am capable of riding - hell, I could ride anything, really. This is about what I *want* to ride, what I am *comfortable* riding, what I am *looking* for, what I *feel* is a *fun* ride and, most importantly, what I *want* in a bike.

What I *want* is a small, light, piss around town bike.

Everybody get it now? Sheeesh! I'm not looking for any suggestions on what type of bike to get, what I'm looking for is what modifications have been done to the Ninja 250R so when I get it, I'll know what my possibilities are.

Last edited:
Everybody get it now? Sheeesh! I'm not looking for any suggestions on what type of bike to get, what I'm looking for is what modifications have been done to the Ninja 250R so when I get it, I'll know what my possibilities are.

:rofl:

You have to remember that you are on a Hayabusa forum. Members here have bought the fastest, quickest bike on the planet and it overflows with testosterone. You are asking for their opinions on one of the smallest, lightest and least powerful sportbikes on the market (outside of the CBR125R, also cool) so you are going to get a lot of blank stares and opinions trying to talk you into more horsepower as MORE horsepower is of course always better.

As I mentioned previously, I think there is a special edition Ninja with the mods off the showroom floor. I would buy that one and if, as many members here seem to think, you don't like it then you can just sell it with putting too much in terms of mod dollars into it.

The Special edition is Paint only.

Trust me I would like nothing more to see her on a Busa & Drag race beside me maybe in time. She will want to do that. Those of you that have wife's girlfriends that ride or what to ride you know the drill we (men) can want them to have one thing & they get what they want anyway.

I started this thread to see what mods are out there. Not to point out the obvious the bike does not make the rider the rider makes the bike as we all have seen members getting spanked by 600's, 750's, 1K's. That in it self say volumes to me. I personally have been riding 30+ years have owned bikes from Sport bikes from 400's to the K8 Busa, Street Bikes from 440's to Big Harley s, Dirt from 125 to 500's. Now admittedly the Busa IMO is the best bike I have ever ridden. I pick my races haven't lost to a smaller bike. Have on the track been beaten by other riders I have never been beaten by a bike. Peter Lenz on that 125 shows us it isn't about power it is about skill set. The 600's thru the Busa are quick they have their place I would pit my Busa against Peter Lenz on a twist track 1/4 mile no problem. On the same hand I wouldn't but my Busa against a 600 or small bike in the twisties to much work to whip that much wieght bake & forth for very long.

So now. Please the original question was about mod ideas anyone have any. There is exhaust out there so I have found from IMO the greatest exhaust system maker there is. I have ask about something different he said We are working on one also, but it’s at least 6-10 weeks out. I am waiting for it I think. I will disclose that @ that time. I think it is better kept under wraps.

Here is a picture of what is out there new it isn't on the web site yet though.

25459_111923748835962_100000550137534_169400_3131753_n[1].jpg

We might have different special editions here in Canada but the one I saw had a Yosh pipe and a few other upgrades. That one was in the showroom last summer.

Back