Modifications to a 2010 Ninja 250R

Here is Mods thus far

250R.jpg

So much nicer without that big ugly windbreak of a mud flap on the bike. She probably just picked up a whole second in the quarter.... :laugh:

No if your still looking for exhaust options............... Area P probably has the largest selection and though it's opinion based, probably the best exhaust on the market for the little Ninja

Kawasaki Ninja 250R Slip-On Exhaust - Area P :: No Limits

Area P will actually custom make your exhaust to any length you'd like from short and stubby to stock length with just a phone call

Last edited:
That is one hot looking little bike, I get it. I could prolly put a 350 Banshee lump on it, that would perk her up some.

I have been toying around with hte idea of picking one up myself, mostly for the gf, but also a little toy to flog around, looks like it would be tons of fun to play with.

It is fun to ride. Personally I like my Busa better. They make a cowl for this bike it is one of the next mods. The rest will wait until it is broken in in 750-800 miles

i was also thinking of picking one up, ostly likely an older one to ride at the kart track and have some fun....or building a super-moto, trying to figure out what would be more fun, for the dollars spent.

not everybody wants to drive a tank around.....

Bingo!

Too heavy and too much work to sling around corners. I can work the bike and not have the bike work me. Made the transition from a 650 real easy and the bike much, much more fun to ride. :D

I bought my 250 a little over a month ago and I already want to get rid of it. but all in all its a great bike for around town but sucks on long rides. its just not as comfortable as its bigger brothers. but since i never rode dirt bikes or anything i bought it for starters. here's a few things ive done to mine as far as looks.

Flush mount turn signals
Fender Eliminator Kit
LED rear turn signals

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

Bingo!

Too heavy and too much work to sling around corners. I can work the bike and not have the bike work me. Made the transition from a 650 real easy and the bike much, much more fun to ride. :D
After riding a 650 for 50'000 miles cross country and all, that little ninja might get old screaming it everywhere all the time just to keep the speed limit. Did you even sit on a 600 before you bought the 250? The 600's (even older used ones) aren't all that much harder to fling around than the 250. Coming off your 650 BMW a 600 supersport would feel like a toy.....a toy with some power to grow on even :laugh:
Not picking on you, just wondering if you really got the right bike for yourself :;):

Two bros slip on, sounds pretty good on the thing. Theres a video on youtube. Check it out and enjoy riding

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I think I have read this whole thread and I don't think that anyone asked this yet, and I know you already got the bike and I hope your happy with it. but did you even consider the Honda CBR250? Also would the Ninja 400 been too heavy?

I think I have read this whole thread and I don't think that anyone asked this yet, and I know you already got the bike and I hope your happy with it. but did you even consider the Honda CBR250? Also would the Ninja 400 been too heavy?

Very happy with the bike. The CBR wasn't available until 2011, but it still wouldn't have been a factor because it's only a single cylinder. The Ninja 400 isn't available in the states, only Canada & the UK.

2Wheels2Live said:
After riding a 650 for 50'000 miles cross country and all, that little ninja might get old screaming it everywhere all the time just to keep the speed limit. Did you even sit on a 600 before you bought the 250? The 600's (even older used ones) aren't all that much harder to fling around than the 250. Coming off your 650 BMW a 600 supersport would feel like a toy.....a toy with some power to grow on even
Not picking on you, just wondering if you really got the right bike for yourself

I love the Ninja 250 and don't feel like it's 'screaming' all the time. I don't want it for long trips, though I wouldn't be opposed to taking one on it should the opportunity arise. I definitely wouldn't want to use it if I was still touring. The 600's are still too heavy for what I want in a bike. I've thought about a bigger bike for more power since I've had the 250, but just don't want the weight or need the horses. I don't need faster or feel the need to 'keep up with everyone else'.

???get her a 600

Am I the only one that is confused here? Maybe I'm just tired so lets recap:

Your girlfriend wants a bike
She has over 50,000 miles experience on another bike?
She has piloted your busa but its too much for her
You think she will outgrow the little Ninja in a year
You want to mod the Ninja for her

Is this right or am I missing something?
???

Back