Mobil 1 Synthetic Oil...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
Well, I got in a good hard ride today. No twisties, just some wide open blasts from 0 to XXX. I gotta say that the biggest difference I notice is in how the clutch engages and disengages. It's a lot smoother than with the dino oil. I can't detect any clutch slippage when the lever is all the way out and I'm spankin' 'er hard but it seems that I can slip it a little better launchin' drag style now than I could before goin' synthetic. Another thing I noticed is that clutchless shifting seems to have improved a little. Seems like it shifts a bit easier and smoother than before.

As for power, poop man, I can't tell. She still balls like a striped ass ape when I twist 'er up, she still wants to carry the front end at anything near WFO in first and second gears, and she still blisters up to XXXmph in a flash. I want to say that she seems to rev just a hair quicker than with the dino juice but somethin' like that it hard to measure with the seat of my pants. Guess my SOTP dyno isn't as finely tuned as Rev's.
wink.gif

FWIW, she did seem to power wheelie a bit easier today but I contributed that to my recent weight loss. It was almost as big of a difference as when I installed the Brock exhaust and shaved that +/- 35 pounds off 'er. I was surprised how much lower I could comfortably tuck down already as compared to before I started losin' my weight! The benefits just keep a comin'! Won't be long until I'll be able to enjoy the full power rush of the busa like you slimmer riders. That's gonna be COOL!
super.gif
...or SCARY!
eek2.gif
wink.gif

Anyway, the added clutch control, added smoothness in shifting, and the comfort of knowin' that my baby is more protected from wear now just makes me feel all warm and cozy inside. I certainly don't regret makin' the swap. As for Mobil 1 vs. (insert the beeyotch's brand here), hell, who knows. Prolly not a penny's worth of difference if the truth were told.

I think the real difference to be had is between dino and synthetic regardless of which brand you use in either type oil. Mobil 1 has worked well for me in the past in my hot rod cages so I went with what I knew worked for me before. If your favorite oil maker makes a synthetic and you're comfortable with it then by all means use it. I like the results I've seen with Mobil 1 in my busa but I certainly won't claim it to be the best available. I don't know enough about oil to say that.
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1085346831 -->

wink.gif

wink.gif

BAH!!!!  Plebian!!!  Feedin a Hi performance machine what is essentially re-labeled auto oil...  it's heresy...  I'TS A CRIME AGAINST NATURE...  AND the TRAIN new it... Why do you think she tossed you outta the saddle today?  
laugh.gif
  You pissed it off...
wow.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I got your Beeyotch right here Bro!
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: "Schpelling..."|1085351610 -->

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

BAH!!!!  Plebian!!!  Feedin a Hi performance machine what is essentially re-labeled auto oil...  it's heresy...  I'TS A CRIME AGAINST NATURE...  AND the TRAIN new it... Wy do you think she tossed you outta the saddle today?  
laugh.gif
  You pissed it off...
wow.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I got yoru Beeyotch right here Bro!
wink.gif
I think you need a smoke.
rock.gif
You're on the attack today!
biggrin.gif
Tell the wife she's welcome to come on up and stay with me until you get past yer fits of rage against those you love.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

BAH!!!!  Plebian!!!  Feedin a Hi performance machine what is essentially re-labeled auto oil...  it's heresy...  I'TS A CRIME AGAINST NATURE...  AND the TRAIN new it... Wy do you think she tossed you outta the saddle today?  
laugh.gif
  You pissed it off...
wow.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I got yoru Beeyotch right here Bro!
wink.gif
I think you need a smoke.
rock.gif
You're on the attack today!
biggrin.gif
Tell the wife she's welcome to come on up and stay with me until you get past yer fits of rage against those you love.
laugh.gif
FIT FIT WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN FIT?

Yeah... But like I mentioned before, the wife is quitting at the same time so you do not want that... She grumpier than I am ...

But yeah... I am being a beeyotch... Bear with me, I"ll get better...

Mostly today is a result of my activities last night, Wife had another corporate dinner I had to attend and I did drink a bit much, and eat too much and get about 4 hours sleep last night... I think that has more to do with me being a bitch than anything else today... Good Call Bro...

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

That's O.K. BT, you know that we share the same tastes.  In motor oil that is...
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
 Now, you and Rev kiss and make up!

Brian
wink.gif
blush.gif

<!--EDIT|bacharles
Reason for Edit: None given...|1085426121 -->

And BTW BT, that's enough of the advertisements for Mobil 1. What, have you started a new career or something?
rock.gif
And you talk about Rev slinging the snake oil...hah!
biggrin.gif
You might not want the Mobil Oil reps to come to your house and start questioning you about ballin' a striped assed ape...or anyone for that matter.
ices_rofl.gif
laugh.gif
tounge.gif
wink.gif

Brian

She still balls like a striped ass ape when I twist 'er up...
Huh!?  
wow.gif
 I've never seen a striped ass ape on the Discovery Channel, and and sure as hell never balled one.

Where'd you come up with that one BT?
Find an ape, take a piece of bamboo and stripe his ass good. You'll see how a striped ass ape runs.
wink.gif
Ok, I've never done it. I'm just goin' by the old timers and their sayin'. I'm takin' 'em at their word that an ape will really haul ass if you stripe 'is ass good.
laugh.gif

BTW, when I typed that line I wondered who'd be the first to comment on it.
biggrin.gif

I'm sorry, but it may not be funny to some, but I just keep gettin' these visuals and that poop gets funnier every time I think about it.
laugh.gif

And BTW BT, that's enough of the advertisements for Mobil 1.  What, have you started a new career or something?
rock.gif
 And you talk about Rev slinging the snake oil...hah!
biggrin.gif
 You might not want the Mobil Oil reps to come to your house and start questioning you about ballin' a striped assed ape...or anyone for that matter.
ices_rofl.gif
laugh.gif
tounge.gif
wink.gif

Brian
jump9.gif
ices_rofl.gif

ices_rofl.gif

Man, I'm gonna find me a monkey and strip his A$$ good. I'm just wondering if he will fit in my trunk.
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|flyboy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1085433556 -->

Huh!?  
wow.gif
 I've never seen a striped ass ape on the Discovery Channel, and and sure as hell never balled one.

Find an ape, take a piece of bamboo and stripe his ass good. You'll see how a striped ass ape runs.
wink.gif
So what you're saying is that

Striped Ape = Spanked Monkey

Not touching that one...

Huh!?  
wow.gif

wink.gif
So what you're saying is that

Striped Ape = Spanked Monkey

Not touching that one...
Hadn't thought about it that way, but yeah, I guess yer right. This is headed nowhere... and FAST, huh?
biggrin.gif

Back