mobil 1

macmode

Donating Member
Registered
This is the first time I changed my oil with Mobil 1 I don't like it at all gears don't seem to shift as nice and smooth. Just me

Lots of guys swear by it. What type mobil 1 are you running
rock.gif

What grade? If you're using 10W-40, it has the energy conserving stuff which messes up the clutch. You want to be using 15W-50 if you go with Mobil 1 synthetic.

(macmode @ Jun. 12 2007,16:16) It was 10W40
That's your problem there.
wink.gif

Make sure the little symbol on the left doesn't have anything on the bottom ('Energy conserving').

EOLCS.jpg

(Narcissus @ Jun. 12 2007,15:09) What grade? If you're using 10W-40, it has the energy conserving stuff which messes up the clutch. You want to be using 15W-50 if you go with Mobil 1 synthetic.
+1 look for the label "energy concerving"

Mobil1 is one of the best. 15-50 or 0-40.

(Narcissus @ Jun. 12 2007,16:21)
(macmode @ Jun. 12 2007,16:16) It was 10W40
That's your problem there.  
wink.gif

Make sure the little symbol on the left doesn't have anything on the bottom ('Energy conserving').

EOLCS.jpg
I think the only two oils Mobil1 makes in a 10-40 is the MX4T (motorcycle specific) and a High Mileage oil. Neither should be energy conserving. I'm guessing you are talking about friction modifiers that can cause wet clutch issues. The High Mileage oil might contain such, but it is not widely available like the MX4T

Try some Motul 15w30 full racing synthetic. I've been using the stuff for 1.5 years and it works great. I've had to turn down my idle 3 times after switching.  It makes the trans shift nice too.

Hit me up if you want some.
540-223-3785 Paul

Although others have reported excellent results with standard Mobil 1. I have to say that I am pretty happy with the MX4T! Just stay away from Moly!

Back