AMSoil rave

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
I've been thru about 3 oil changes using the Mobil MX-4t oil. It is good stuff and does help smooth out the tranny above convention oil. I was very happy with it.

On a whim, decided to try AMSoil...this stuff really rocks. I'll not go back to Mobile again. Another noticable upgrade over the Mobil in the smoothness of the tranny.

Stock Busa Tranny (as we all know) is/was built to handle awesome amount of torque and horsepower first and smoothness second. On stock oil I think it's a tad on the clunky side.

MX-4T helped it greatly, but switching to AMSoil...the darn thing is almost (dare I say it, yes) silky smooth.

tounge.gif
Not to mention the engine is purring like a Lion...

I know we have a lot of opinion and threads on oil but I thought I'd offer mine as using both oils.

If your not using AMSoil, it's definately worth a try. I don't think anyone could be disappointed. Great stuff.

BTW-Also flushed and put in engine ice at the same time  
bowdown.gif

Years ago I had a an Amsoil oil by-pass unit in my 99 Crown Vic Interseptor, and used the Amsoil in it too. Man, that engine ran forever!

I love Amsoil. Too soon to use it in my Busa but it's on the list.

A buddy of mine is an AMsoil dealer. I think i will give it a try too. I hear nothing but great feedback.
Shawn

always wanted to try it but can't get it without ordering it around here, or at least as far as I know. However, the silky smooth transmission comment will have me ordering to try.

(g17 @ Dec. 28 2006,21:47) always wanted to try it but can't get it without ordering it around here, or at least as far as I know. However, the silky smooth transmission comment will have me ordering to try.
If I'm not mistaken you can go to the amsoil site and find a dealer somewhere near you if there is any that is.

I have never run anything other than the stock Suzuki oil. Is there a part number for the amsoil. I assume there are different weights of oil. Can you give me a part number of the oil you are using?

that is what I am about to put into my bike. Thanks for the reassurance.
smile.gif
Our local Honda dealer carries it for about 7.99 a quart I think.

Tim

Amsoil OIL part# 10w-40 MCF
Filter part# EAO M109
Filter part# EAO M109C (Chrome)

Ok, Question, at about how many miles should there be on a new engine before switching to amsoil?? Sorry for my ignorance but amsoil makes motorcycle oil or can you use the synthetic oil for cars in motorcycles?? I would say not but I'm not sure. Somebody,,,,educate me!!!!!!!!!

I am an amsoil dealer and that is one of the best oils on the market.I try to encourage every owner to run this but some don't like the cost...We keep this in stock most of the time call when you need some...I can have filters in a few days of your call also...Napa Brand filters/full syntethic oil works well too,never an issue...if money is a concern...OIL IS THE LIFE OF YOUR MOTOR

Most of the post I have seen regarding oil filters said the stock filter performed the best and thats what I have been using. Is it recommended that you run a different filter with Amsoil?

SERVICE LIFE
For “on roadâ€￾ use in engines and transmissions, change AMSOIL MCF and AMSOIL engine oil filter at twice the motorcycle manufacturer change interval or one year, whichever comes first. Change other brand oil filters at standard intervals.

I run the 10/40 MCF in my busa and usually go about 4K miles between changes, depending on how hard I ride for that period. I always use Suzuki filters tho...just in case it ever has to go to the dealer unexpectedly.
It easy to tell when a change is needed because the oil with suddenly turn black with clutch particles and some of the "smoothness" fades...
mcf_qt_350phx.jpg

AMSOIL is the bomb.
It is wet clutch compatible, has anti-corrosion additives, anti foaming agents - I believe AMSOIL has one of the best anti-foaming ratings. I have been using it since my first oil change.

I have regular oil for one more change that is due now, then I'm going to try it. Thanks guys.

Back