SYNTHETIC OIL

I have indeed however, heard tell of certain types of bikes having serious clutch slipping issues after switching to synthetic.
wowold.gif
I also heard that synthetic oil causes leprosy and cancer, which are also serious.
How does it taste?  Do you have to drink alot of if before it's potentially lethal?

Have at it paying 9+ bucks a quart for a product that doesn't actually enhance anything.
Maybe there is no discernable difference, but it at least makes me feel good about my motor knowing I'm doing all I can to keep it alive.  And "¦ after the comments my builder made (cleanest internals he's ever seen on a 16+k mile motor), especially after the huge amount of nitrous I've run, I am convinced in my own mind that it helps (synthetic).  

Maybe it does help, maybe it doesn't (like Commuta said:  it's hard to blame oil on an engine failure).  But for me personally, $30 or even $40 per oil change is a tiny investment compared to the money I have in my bike.  

So you run what you want and I'll run what I want.
beerchug.gif

And for the record, yes, it tastes pretty good "“ goes well with chicken.

There's a local dirt racer here that routinely tears his engines down and could always expect similar signs of wear. He switched to synthetics a few years ago (Mobil 1) and was amazed at seeing virtually no wear at his regular tear down intervals. I've been synthetic used ever since. My bike has had it since 600 miles.

wht_scorpion-like what you did to your sccoot
beerchug.gif

I just went full synthetic(amsoil). I had the 500 done at dealer last year I switched to a blend and this year full. haven't had a real good ride to critique it yet. The way I see it once your done with break in you want the best protection you can get.

I like syn lubes because reg oil creates carbon deposites when its cooled quickly and reheated, and syn beads back up when it is heated (supposedly no carbon deposites).

you guys wwill be mad at me because i havent chaged my oil yet and i have 1200 miles on it. Its getting changed this weekend though to full synthetic.

i would personally rather spend an extra 20 bucks each oil change and go synth and have the peice of mind that im doing what i can for my engine cause really whats an extra 20 every month or two thats one less useless thing the girlfriend talks me into buying or one cheap dinner i cook at home instead of goin out but having serious engine damage is a lil more pricey than 20

After my 600 mile break in I went to Mobile 1mx4t and never looked back. 26,000 miles later and all is well....which means probably nothing in the end. I admit fully that in the end I may be falling hook line and sinker for the hype with regards to oil but in this case I feel better about it. At least in this case I am willing to pay for the peace of mind....

I have indeed however, heard tell of certain types of bikes having serious clutch slipping issues after switching to synthetic.
wowold.gif
I also heard that synthetic oil causes leprosy and cancer, which are also serious.
How does it taste? Do you have to drink alot of if before it's potentially lethal?

Have at it paying 9+ bucks a quart for a product that doesn't actually enhance anything.
Maybe there is no discernable difference, but it at least makes me feel good about my motor knowing I'm doing all I can to keep it alive. And "¦ after the comments my builder made (cleanest internals he's ever seen on a 16+k mile motor), especially after the huge amount of nitrous I've run, I am convinced in my own mind that it helps (synthetic).

Maybe it does help, maybe it doesn't (like Commuta said: it's hard to blame oil on an engine failure). But for me personally, $30 or even $40 per oil change is a tiny investment compared to the money I have in my bike.

So you run what you want and I'll run what I want.
beerchug.gif

And for the record, yes, it tastes pretty good "“ goes well with chicken.
Agreed. Your bike, your wallet. Peace of mind is everything.

Back