Millenials and motorcycles

I'm just old. My body reminds me of this every time I forget and try and do something I used to be able to do....
Re 'being old', I'm 60 and just had a new lease of life added.
From 50 to 60 my health went downhill, I was drinking a lot of beer every night and on weekends thru the day, eating fried food with few veges and a lot of red meat, NOT good.
I went from 95kg to 102 kg and my body hurt, back pain, knee pain, varicose vein pain, headaches on a regular basis, I was grumpy all the time due to pain, having bads dreams every night. Yeah, I was not well.
But I just thought that was aging and normal.
I got a chest infection, then an ankle infection and went to the Doc to get it checked out.
Blood tests revealed Type 2 Diabetes.
Since then I have lost 20% body weight, from 102kg to 83kgs, quit drinking totally, chicken and veges every day, low carbs diet, no sugar, no junk food.
What a difference, not only physical health ( all back pain and joint pain GONE) but my mental health has improved so much, negativity has been replaced with positivity, and every day is a NEW day, instead of 'Ground Hog Day'.
So . . . it's possible to turn it all around, Thank God!!

Re 'being old', I'm 60 and just had a new lease of life added.
From 50 to 60 my health went downhill, I was drinking a lot of beer every night and on weekends thru the day, eating fried food with few veges and a lot of red meat, NOT good.
I went from 95kg to 102 kg and my body hurt, back pain, knee pain, varicose vein pain, headaches on a regular basis, I was grumpy all the time due to pain, having bads dreams every night. Yeah, I was not well.
But I just thought that was aging and normal.
I got a chest infection, then an ankle infection and went to the Doc to get it checked out.
Blood tests revealed Type 2 Diabetes.
Since then I have lost 20% body weight, from 102kg to 83kgs, quit drinking totally, chicken and veges every day, low carbs diet, no sugar, no junk food.
What a difference, not only physical health ( all back pain and joint pain GONE) but my mental health has improved so much, negativity has been replaced with positivity, and every day is a NEW day, instead of 'Ground Hog Day'.
So . . . it's possible to turn it all around, Thank God!!
I'm glad that you were able to turn it around Kiwi, and that you feel better.
For me, it's not a general feeling, but more things that I used to be able to do easily now come at a price. I'm 48 and things are harder now. Like basketball. As a younger man I could (and did) play pickup ball 4 or 5 times a week, for several hours. When I play a couple of hours with my son and other guys in their teens, 20's and 30's on Monday evenings as I typically do, I feel it all day Tuesday!

I'm glad that you were able to turn it around Kiwi, and that you feel better.
For me, it's not a general feeling, but more things that I used to be able to do easily now come at a price. I'm 48 and things are harder now. Like basketball. As a younger man I could (and did) play pickup ball 4 or 5 times a week, for several hours. When I play a couple of hours with my son and other guys in their teens, 20's and 30's on Monday evenings as I typically do, I feel it all day Tuesday!

Try and exercise daily and the recovery time will improve, especially strength training

This thread reminds me of a bunch of old people complaining about how horrible music is now a days and how young policemen are. Hahahahaha bunch of old bastards. Jk I hate today’s music.

On a side note, it was said that manufacturers aren’t pushing the envelope as they know they won’t make their money back. I disagree. Look at Kawasaki. They are pushing it.

I absolutely raise my kids as I was raised, whoopins and all. Had DCFS called on me and told the worker A) if I'd wanted to hurt him I would have, and B) if she wanted to address my son's mother as a stupid b!tch in my presence, she would get popped in the mouth just like he did. She said "I get that" and left. There's a difference between abuse and discipline, be it physical or mental, from others or within one's self. Abuse is unacceptable, discipline is necessary.
Hi. Yup people like to type but not talk! 508-496-5680!

People, not just kids, live vicariously through others thanks to YouTube, Facebook and other things. They (my kids included) think that watching someone else do something on YouTube is the same as doing it yourself. My step daughter literally never leaves her room. She’s 17 and has zero life skills. Actual physical outside activities are being replaced.

My 30 yr old son and his wife are never without their phones...always on them and checking them constantly...you'd think they were the CEO of a major corporation...

Even their older daughters (10, 8) are addicted to their phones and have a tantrum if separated..

It is painful to watch, there are times I don't even know where my phone is and I like it like that...

My 30 yr old son and his wife are never without their phones...always on them and checking them constantly...you'd think they were the CEO of a major corporation...

Even their older daughters (10, 8) are addicted to their phones and have a tantrum if separated..

It is painful to watch, there are times I don't even know where my phone is and I like it like that...
Mine are exactly the same way. It really is sad to see. They can barely perform basic human functions.

I'm on 24hr support so I always have my phone with me. I wish this was not the case but its unfortunately important. Once I get time off and disconnect, I find an island with no connection or a forest surrounded by mountains. True freedom.

I find this interesting
because statistically
we are safer today than
when we were kids . . .

I think this has to do with the fact
that as a society we are much more
mobile today than say 40 years ago .

So more " strangers "
in the neighborhood
so to speak . . .

:poke:

Why aren’t millennials buying bikes? Cuz we fuckin broke bro! Lol
Used to a guy could work a modest job and afford a car, house a wife and kids. Now a guy and his wife both gotta work full time decent jobs just to afford a car and house.

Used to a guy could work a modest job and afford a car, house a wife and kids. Now a guy and his wife both gotta work full time decent jobs just to afford a car and house.

Between that and how the insurance companies rape you, life is really different for the younger crowd.

It was never easy to make ends meet for any generation, my wife and I both worked and worked hard to get to where we are today..thank goodness I stayed in the military long enough for a pension.

The soldiers of today get paid much, much more than I did at their rank level and still have a hard time making ends meet...of course they have 4 wheelers, boats, fancy cars and trucks, motorcycles, this, that and everything else and then tell us they are not making enough money.. I used to tell them to stop buying toys and start saving money and they will find life much better.

The general population however have it hard as finding a decent full time job is like finding a unicorn these days.

I'm on 24hr support so I always have my phone with me. I wish this was not the case but its unfortunately important. Once I get time off and disconnect, I find an island with no connection or a forest surrounded by mountains. True freedom.
I got an' island for you to escape to. :thumbsup:
They'll never find you.
Vancouver Island.
Rubb.

Well at least your not angry about it.

Different paths to choose right. Both have their advantages.
The D1NK'S (double-income,no-kids) appear to have it all.
A happy medium may be the ultimate. Get yer kid rearin' days over at an' early age then sit back and enjoy "The Golden Years" with built in buddies.Somebody to mow the lawn,wash the bike,etc.:thumbsup:
Cell phone's,social media,etc...it's here to stay and will only get worse.
Some people actually like covid. Shop on-line,get everything delivered,on-line dating...Android phone's for all the "Androids." It's the norm.
Even if you get sent to jail...the highest "commodity" in prison these days...a "cell" phone. :laugh:
2Facedbook....let's see what my cousin half way around the world had for breakfast. That's important stuff. LOL.
Millennial complains to doc of constant ear ache...
Rubb.

Back