Not a good cop interaction

What if by throwing the bike over with the rider still on it, the rider suffered burns from the exhaust laying on his leg? Or worse? What if the rider hit his head on the road and suffered a brain injury? You just don't know.

Police should be cool under fire in all circumstances. Those who aren't should be removed from the force.

I'd be suing the city or the police dept to fix the bike.

The city and the police and the cop. What an idiotic thing to do. The cop (thought) he might commit a crime (running) but hadn't yet committed a crime...WTH? You can see the dumbass cop had never ridden a bike before either as he laughingly tried twice to pick the bike up the wrong way.

What if by throwing the bike over with the rider still on it, the rider suffered burns from the exhaust laying on his leg? Or worse? What if the rider hit his head on the road and suffered a brain injury? You just don't know.

Police should be cool under fire in all circumstances. Those who aren't should be removed from the force.
Yep, this officer clearly did not think this through...too worried about catching the guy and not thinking about other way more important factors.
What a moron. I would be VERY angry at that officer and file charges against the police department for full reimbursement.
100%, they would be paying for new parts, helmet, etc. I would've cancelled my plans and gone straight to the department to start the grievance process. Re-fricking-diculous

And there I was, thinking this only happens in the US.

I went North on highway 73, saw the LEO on a bridge with a laser. Stuck to the posted limit 65mph. One hour later I came back going South, I know they are on the bridge so I am doing 65mph. Semi overtakes me, no problem, I stay at 65mph. Pass under the bridge, keep going 65mph, see the blue lights behind me and pull over. Asks me how fast I think I was going, I say 65mph. He takes licence and insurance, comes back tells me I was going a lot faster, they got me at 80mph. I say no way, I went North a little while ago I know you guys are on the bridge, why would I be so dumb to speed. He says he is just doing what his Sergeant told him to do, his Sergeant said he got me at 80 on the laser. So I said did you see the Semi overtaking me just before the bridge? Let's go talk to your Sergeant then. He says you can do that in court, writes me a ticket for $215.00

If I go to court out of principle, the court fees are $180, so I save $35.

Two days later, I get four letters in the mail from attorneys who wish to represent me, costs me $350 so I get no points on my licence.

Welcome to North Carolina.

Last edited:

I went North on highway 73, saw the LEO on a bridge with a laser. Stuck to the posted limit 65mph. One hour later I came back going South, I know they are on the bridge so I am doing 65mph. Semi overtakes me, no problem, I stay at 65mph. Pass under the bridge, keep going 65mph, see the blue lights behind me and pull over. Asks me how fast I think I was going, I say 65mph. He takes licence and insurance, comes back tells me I was going a lot faster, they got me at 80mph. I say no way, I went North a little while ago I know you guys are on the bridge, why would I be so dumb to speed. He says he is just doing what his Sergeant told him to do, his Sergeant said he got me at 80 on the laser. So I said did you see the Semi overtaking me just before the bridge? Let's go talk to your Sergeant then. He says you can do that in court, writes me a ticket for $215.00

Two days later, I get four letters in the mail from attorneys who wish to represent me, costs me $350 so I get no points on my licence.

That sucks!!!!!!!!!! you did not do any thing at all. You should not have to pay court court fees if you are innocent.

good ole southern hospitality

That cop knew he had screwed up as he changed his tone quickly. To push a bike over like that, even worse with the rider still on it, and inexplicably for an improperly mounted license plate, is insane. It’s always been my understanding to stay on the bike or in the car when pulled over so he had no way to explain his actions.

Back