Buell's not dead......but.....

A friend of my neighbour has an 1125R, it spends more time being flat bedded home than riding. I'd see him broke down on the side of the road all over the place, it got to be a thing of conversation when I stopped to see if he was OK.

Good looking bike but had lots of gremlins.

A friend of my neighbour has an 1125R, it spends more time being flat bedded home than riding. I'd see him broke down on the side of the road all over the place, it got to be a thing of conversation when I stopped to see if he was OK.

Good looking bike but had lots of gremlins.
Eric B. has been working on stuff for several years he just was Screwed over by HD & binded legally in several ways after they shafted him. The writing was on the wall after he went to the Rotax motors. He could not use his name for a bike brand or even build a bike for sale for 3yrs I believe. Thus the initials were used on the high end race bikes he produced as soon as the time limit lapsed but who could really afford them? HD did him dirrrrty & did not want the competition really just out of hurtfully spite after the forced split/blindside.

Been a while since I posted here. I had an 1125r that I bought brand new. It was the biggest lemon in the world. If you put the aftermarket ECU in it, that EB makes, it will do much better. That thing was a nightmare. The first year I owned it it was in the shop for the whole summer. Broken down on me on the ride home from New.

Eric B. has been working on stuff for several years he just was Screwed over by HD & binded legally in several ways after they shafted him. The writing was on the wall after he went to the Rotax motors. He could not use his name for a bike brand or even build a bike for sale for 3yrs I believe. Thus the initials were used on the high end race bikes he produced as soon as the time limit lapsed but who could really afford them? HD did him dirrrrty & did not want the competition really just out of hurtfully spite after the forced split/blindside.
Wow I had no idea. I was always fond of the buell bikes.

I was kicking myself for not grabbing an 1125R when buell went under, almost to the point of wanting to sell the busa, you've made me believe I made the right choice (it was brand new for 7k otd)

I was kicking myself for not grabbing an 1125R when buell went under, almost to the point of wanting to sell the busa, you've made me believe I made the right choice (it was brand new for 7k otd)
You did make the right choice....the 1125R looked good and that was about it. It reminded me of a '70s 2 stroke, when it was running it was great but that was the trick to keep it running.

The Flow looks like a blast of a commuter, but I think I'll wait a little longer for bugs to work themselves out. My Zuma is great but it sure won't do a 2.6 second 0-60. It won't even do 60 :D

You guys bring up bad nightmares for me. I bought a brand new 2008 HD Night train from the showroom floor. I put 4800 miles on it and seen the ads for the 1125r. I traded that for a new 1125r.

2 months later, they announced the liquidation and discontinuation. I was so upside down on that deal, that was a terrible mistake. That thing was a POS. I went through WAR with everyone at HD and Buell to get that thing repaired. It still never ran right until I bought the aftermarket ECM that EB made. Christ.....

Back