Buell's new ride...

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
My brother Impactks turned me on to this article about the new Buell. Pretty interesting read so much so that we've agreed to go to Suzuki's cyclefest next year in the hopes we can take one out for a spin....

CLICK ME FOR THE SKINNY...

loandtbuell1125rloup.jpg

NOt a bad looking machine.. That XB-12 looks realllyyyyyy nice tho, they changed the styling on it a little, I like how the exhaust is on it too.. Both bikes have nice power numbers too

I want to not like it, but I do..........did you see that front brake rotor!
SHOCKED.gif

I just read up on the 1125, with the Rotax engine it's finally putting out some real power. I would like to try one out, looks like serious thought went into every single component on that machine. Attention to detail like the front perimeter disk is attached directly to the outside of the rim, allowing the spokes to be lighter because they don't soak up all the shear forces generated by 600-700 pounds of rider and machine braking hard. Also allows only one disk and caliper saving MORE unsprung weight as well. Very cool stuff.
smile.gif

your going to see little by little the death of air cooled engines since as time passes they cant meet the new epa standards .....lean and a constant high temperature as a water cooled bike can ....it all started with the vrod.....
beerchug.gif

Hmm..

The big 4 Japanese builders have V-twins as well as inline 4 engines for their motorcycles..  Why can't HD and Buell do the same??  
crazy.gif
 $$%)(&^%$#!!!!

(06limited1st @ Sep. 08 2007,16:16) NOt a bad looking machine.. That XB-12 looks realllyyyyyy nice tho, they changed the styling on it a little, I like how the exhaust is on it too..  Both bikes have nice power numbers too
Your home is home base to my employer, Hartwig transit co. Watch out for our trucks, were a crazy bunch !
beerchug.gif

I've read alot about it, like the engine, and suspension. But from the side it looks way too long and I don't like the side view of the front fairing. It also looks way forward and not a complete design completion. The seat also looks like you could ride THREE up it's so long. Of course this is from just pictures and articles I've seen or read. So, the final is an actual look see  
SHOCKED.gif
at my local Harley Dealer. But I have NO DOUBTS it's not a bike for me, I would get a George Forman Grill Master ZX 14 FIRST
jump9.gif

(rtvegas @ Sep. 08 2007,15:18) Hmm..

The big 4 Japanese builders have V-twins as well as inline 4 engines for their motorcycles..  Why can't HD and Buell do the same??  
crazy.gif
 $$%)(&^%$#!!!!
Because of the hard core HD riders, who want the 45*, air cooled pushrod engine and absolutely nothing else. I'm sure the factory can build it, but marketing says it won't sell. They, HD, are taking it slowly.

Back