FL Buell Ride tommorow

Sgt Busa

Donating Member
Registered
I know this is a little short notice, but the Lakeland Buell riders group is riding tomorrow.

Now say what you will about Buells, but I'm here to tell you these guys can tear up the twisties.

I used to ride with them when ever I could on my Buell but I haven't been on one of their rides in almost a year. They also do not care what you ride. There is usually a guy on an Aprilia that comes out. Also there is a couple that will bring their matching Katanas if they are not riding two up on their Buell. We even had a Busa show up once. Lets see what other bikes have shown up for the rides; a Ducati 996, GSXR600/1000, R1, some bikes I can't remember and a couple of Harleys even tried to make the run.(tried)

We meet at the Harley Davidson/Buell dealership off of I-4 exit 33 before 8:15am. The ride usually starts at 8:30am. Oh yeah the ride is the 2nd of July(tomorrow). Sometime these rides will last about 6 hours. That usually means stopping for lunch.

Like I said in the topic I will be bringing the Busa. If any one else would like to tear up the twisties these guys will welcome you with open arms.

I also just got my new rear tire today, so I am good to go.

Sorry if I misspelled Aprilia and Katana.

iamwithstupid.gif

<!--EDIT|Sgt Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120300600 -->

Where are you guys going?

-I never said anything about Buells, just that they don't suit me personally. I don't care what anyone rides, drives, or whatever.

I also don't care what anyone wears. You have the same color jacket AND bike?-oh the horror! People who worry that much about other people need only look at themselves a little closer.
smile.gif

They ride all over. They may take the route you guys did last weekend. If ya show up tell "Gator ####" that Moose said "Hey" and I'll probably be there next month. They have the accomplished riders lead the way so they can hit the corners without incident followed by the intermediates and then thebeginners and touring set. From what I hear they have nice rides and destinantions without incident.

Where are you guys going?

-I never said anything about Buells, just that they don't suit me personally. I don't care what anyone rides, drives, or whatever.

I also don't care what anyone wears. You have the same color jacket AND bike?-oh the horror! People who worry that much about other people need only look at themselves a little closer.
smile.gif
Well stated Jimmy! If I hadn't made plans to work tomorrow I would join everyone....

MoosesBusa pretty much said it all. The rides are really good. They have the same attitude that we had riding last Saturday.

diesel
That comment was not aimed at you bro. These guys are like us, usually more mature than your typical squid trying to look good on his/her high performance street bike. They just happened to like Buells.

Well I'm off to bed so I can get some rest for what I'm sure is going to be a fun ride. I just kinda hope I'm not the only Busa there. If so, oh well.
MoosesBusa pretty much said it all. The rides are really good. They have the same attitude that we had riding last Saturday.

diesel
That coment was not aimed at you bro. These guys are like us, usaully more mature than your typical squid trying to look good on his/her high performance street bike. They just happend to like Buells.

Well I'm off to bed so I can get some rest for what I'm sure is going to be a fune ride. I just kinda hope I'm not the only Busa there. If so, oh well.

diesel
That comment was not aimed at you bro. These guys are like us, usually more mature than your typical squid trying to look good on his/her high performance street bike. They just happened to like Buells.
I gotcha, sarg....I should say that MY comment wasn't aimed at you...
I was just making a public statement to the holier-than-thou on the board.

Here are some pics from this ride. Hope I did this right.

<!--EDIT|Sgt Busa
Reason for Edit: "trying again"|1120640918 -->

b1.jpg

All right, now I think I got it.

These first shots are of use meeting at Lakeland HD.

b2.jpg

The Duc is dead. The battery would not hold a charge and had to hauled off.

We all got a good laugh that it was a HD truck taking it away.

b9.jpg

Cool pics!!

I would enjoy a ride with those guys. I'm just not too keen on having to meet at Lakeland HD. I'm afraid lightning might strike me down or something!
wow.gif

Back