Cheap 1125 Buells

try finding parts for it when the company no longer exists...
bets are on it should not be too bad for most of the bike... Rotax motors, off the shelf suspension stuff... Plastics? might want to get a spare set..

Could be worse, could be an Ogre! :rofl:
whut?
shrek_matrix-12376.jpg

Well, WE finally know what Buells are worth :laugh:

Harley isn't far behind if they don't get their act together :whistle:

Buell problem, as I heard from Buell owners around here, HARLEY dealers ALWAYS treated them like Second Class Pest who they HAD to do work for. As in, " WHY DON'T YOU BUY A REAL BIKE" attitude everytime they went in for service.

Anyway, as I said before, Sport Bike Riders DON'T go into a Harley Dealership to buy a Sports Bike. Just like their Crazy Idea that MV Agusta buyers want to buy a HARLEY MV Agusta (OK, I know it was only for their Dealership Locations).

Well, WE finally know what Buells are worth :laugh:

Harley isn't far behind if they don't get their act together :whistle:

Buell problem, as I heard from Buell owners around here, HARLEY dealers ALWAYS treated them like Second Class Pest who they HAD to do work for. As in, " WHY DON'T YOU BUY A REAL BIKE" attitude everytime they went in for service.

Anyway, as I said before, Sport Bike Riders DON'T go into a Harley Dealership to buy a Sports Bike. Just like their Crazy Idea that MV Agusta buyers want to buy a HARLEY MV Agusta (OK, I know it was only for their Dealership Locations).

Exactly.

The other problem they had is, and I rode all the models, is even the new
one 1125(s)...the rotax isn't...anything to write home about. I thought it
was very buzzy. Nothing on the bike was remarkable to me, always seemed
a step and half behind the big 4 for the same price.

Would you rather get a gsxr1000 or a buell...no contest.

Wonder if Eric Buell will be in a new commercial...smashing all his models
into a cube.

Even for 6 grand, there is just better motorcycles out there (albeit not new)
but still.

try finding parts for it when the company no longer exists...

They have advertised supporting the bikes. I'm pretty sure it's federally mandated for a number of years anyway. The Buells are nice rides and at that price and considering the company closing shop, it might be good to grab one if you had the spare dime.

I'm pretty happy with my 1125R.

Butt dyno feels pretty equal to my Busa, it's within 30HP and 100lbs. lighter. Handling is no question superior, ride quality is near the same now that I have the suspension pretty close to dialed, brakes are so much better it's not even in the parking lot of the same ballpark.

It's basic what you'd see on a racebike parts are very good, the street legal stuff does lack some, switches do feel kinda cheap but no problems, rear turn signals quit pretty early. Overall it's been a great bike with the only problems being the turn signal problem which was fixed.

I bought mine while backed into a corner but I have to say I'm happy with what I have. Even my HD dealer it came from treats me like a person. Now the others I've visited haven't but my local one is pretty good.

And with the fairing kit in black I actually think it's pretty badass looking.

686409905_tyubG-L.jpg

Last edited:
That's not cheap lol.

They were under $5500 last month at my dealer.

Gave the dealers something like $5k toward the price so they could just fly them off the lot. That dealer held on to theirs, and is now getting a $1k bonus now that the others are all gone.

They will still produce parts, and service the bikes at harley dealers for at least 7 more years, so at a throwaway bike price you really can't complain.

I took my 2004 busa down and they told me I could ride one out the door for $350 on top of my bike, I obviously prefer my bike, but the thought of a nice shiny 0 miles bike with a warranty had me thinking.

may think about bringing my scratched up busa in for a shiny new buell...:whistle:

Back