buell pegs

DaCol.

D' Colonel
Donating Member
Ok, so I got a pair of Buell pegs. Changed out the stock ones but noticed that they sure do set right up on the exhaust pipe (and that's after shaving some alum off) . So my question for those who have them is: Do you get a hot heel
firedevil.gif
?  And are you baseing this on a long NON-STOP (except for fuel) ride ? I ride 300 - 400 mile days generally when I ride and I sure don't want a HOT foot (heel
AAAssjani.gif
) 200 mile out.

Help please, I just took them off and put the stocks back on. If I do get a HOT foot, anyone want some Buell pegs (for free to this group) ? I'll just get the TLR ones next  
rock.gif

DaCol, I have had the Buell's for over a year now and have no problems at all with a hot heel. If you notice your riding position will bring your heel off the pegs anyway. And there is enough air passage under the pegs to keep every thing cool. I don't think you will have a problem. Bob
smile.gif

Ok, so I got a pair of Buell pegs. Changed out the stock ones but noticed that they sure do set right up on the exhaust pipe (and that's after shaving some alum off) . So my question for those who have them is: Do you get a hot heel
firedevil.gif
?  And are you baseing this on a long NON-STOP (except for fuel) ride ? I ride 300 - 400 mile days generally when I ride and I sure don't want a HOT foot (heel
AAAssjani.gif
) 200 mile out.

Help please, I just took them off and put the stocks back on. If I do get a HOT foot, anyone want some Buell pegs (for free to this group) ? I'll just get the TLR ones next  
rock.gif
I wouldn't mind trying them, see if it helps this old guys hip.
Would be happy to pay for em. PM me if you want to get rid of em.
smile.gif

I am thinking now to put them back on and make a trip with'em  
rock.gif
. If they don't work, I'll PM you, don't be concern about payment, your the first so you got'em if I don't keep them. It will be next month until I can make the trip so untill then   
beerchug.gif

I 've never noticed any problems with heat so far. The only thing I've noticed is if you have your foot in the wrong position, your heel will touch the pipe and you can feel vibration.

After I read this I went and did about 125 miles on Saturday and couldn't even tell they were there! As a side note I was looking at the Buell Ullysses at Seattle Harley. The pegs are very similar in shape to the XB pegs but much wider! Might be a good fit for people who want a little wider foot platform.

Back