Buell is dead...

wow that is sort of a shocker... the 1125 seemed to be a breath of life for them too..

Sorry to hear about this. I was pretty impressed by the new 1125 bikes.

Well, as someone who has just been laid off due to the recession and my company downsizing I really hate to see anyone lose their jobs and especially folks in the motorcycle industry where these ripples are felt by all riders. On the other hand I am not the least bit surprised that Buell has closed its doors and really I am surprised it has taken so long given their history and product line.

I don't know much about it but were Buell bikes ever competitive with Suzuki, Honda, Kawi and Yamaha?

As for Harley, I like their bikes but they are seem very overpriced for what you get.

Last edited:
I have a friend who always wanted a Buell and he just bought a Lightning this past Spring. I'm sure he's gonna be disappointed about the news, but at least he has what he wanted.

Shocker indeed. I feel sorry for the employees and customers alike. The technology they developed for the bike was pretty cool.

Really sucks. I built my cafe Sporty in 1989 because I couldn't get what Buell was offering two years later. I really wanted the 1125. And they even got nearly 100 hp out of the Harley Sportster motor. I hope Harley starts using that motor in their Sportsters, which would really put the "Sport" back in the name.

Really sucks. I built my cafe Sporty in 1989 because I couldn't get what Buell was offering two years later. I really wanted the 1125. And they even got nearly 100 hp out of the Harley Sportster motor. I hope Harley starts using that motor in their Sportsters, which would really put the "Sport" back in the name.

The Rotax they use in the 1125 is supposed to scream... maybe they can put that in the "Sporster" ?

That is unbelievable! Especially when they were just beginning to get their name out there and had become competitive in AMA.

Damn...guess Danny Eslick will be aboard a new team next year. Very interesting!

danny-eslick.jpg

Danny Eslick Wheelie 1.jpg

Back