Mileage thoughts...

wardie

Donating Member
Registered
Coming back 5 1/2 hours from Indy to Youngstown, Ohio I did it in two fill ups. Averaged 44.6 mpg at speeds between 75-80. Personally at those speeds I think that's awesome!

Anyone else getting similar or better mileage? I haven't changed anything cept' brakes, oil and tires. Bone stock. Wardie is happy.

Coincidently my buddy on his R 1100 GS got 42 mpg. Seems the faster we went the worse his mileage was and the better the Busa seemed.

I dunno I just really like this bike it's good at a lot of things. Wardie :)

Coming back 5 1/2 hours from Indy to Youngstown, Ohio I did it in two fill ups. Averaged 44.6 mpg at speeds between 75-80. Personally at those speeds I think that's awesome!

Anyone else getting similar or better mileage? I haven't changed anything cept' brakes, oil and tires. Bone stock. Wardie is happy.

Coincidently my buddy on his R 1100 GS got 42 mpg. Seems the faster we went the worse his mileage was and the better the Busa seemed.

I dunno I just really like this bike it's good at a lot of things. Wardie :)

Doubt you will get to many arguments about that here.:laugh:

I average about that, but can't say for certain since I don't know how accurate the speedometer/odometer is. I assume it's offf by 10%.

Last edited:
I'm still fine tuning my Power Commander map. I got 40 at 75-80 doing the Iron Butt ride over the weekend. I know there are more MPG to be gained based on the A/F ratio.

Is the 44.6 from the instrament cluster, or did you calculate it by hand?

I just did the numbers from the weekend and I suck. I rarely use 5 & 6 even on the hwy, I tend to keep the RPM's on the mid to high side all the time. I just like the response of the bike (both on and off the throttle). It makes for a low MPG No. somewhere around 30 to low 30's. Go ahead and flame me for this if you want, but I am getting better at using 6th on long hauls.
Bubba

Sounds about right...I get 46 + or - 1-2 mpg when crusing at those speeds :thumbsup:

with speedhealer i get that too. sometimes a bit more, but only if i am laying on my tank bag and using my throttlemeister to keep the throttle smooth.

sweet isn't it? :thumbsup:

Sounds about right. I get that riding to and from work if I ride civil. Sometimes I just have to clean the plugs and mileage goes down a bit.:laugh: All depends on how you ride it but one thing that amazes me is how good the mileage is on these bikes when there is soooo much power available. Busas Rule.:cheerleader:

My mileage has been increasing as I put more miles on the bike. With 500 miles on the odometer the gas light would go on at around 250 Kilometers. Now with 2500 on the odometer the last two lights went on at 275 Kilometers and 280 Kilometers. It keeps getting better. :thumbsup:

mine stops calculating at 50...but stayed on 50 for 5 hours once, when I rode 300 miles...around town if i reset it and let it recalculate it seems to be at around 44 most of the time, I have heard if you are traveling at 150+ running from the :whistle: you can burn up half a tank in 15 minutes:laugh:

I know I know:rulez:

I average about 50 mpg back and forth to work. rode to Reno from Dallas in 2 days, averaged about 55 to 58 mpg. did get up to 63.3 once, this is cruising about 83 to 85. I have dropped 3 on the rear and now the speedo matches the GPS.
I love these bikes. :thumbsup:

On california gas the best mileage I can get is around 44, regardless of speed.

When I was at the Stampede in Reno and filled up on Nevada gas I was getting 50+ with highway driving. That's not just the downhill portions either. I was so happy.

Now that I'm back on CA gas my mileage has dropped again to 42 - 44 depending on driving style. If I really get aggressive in the twisties I've seen it drop to low 30s.

I average about 50 mpg back and forth to work. rode to Reno from Dallas in 2 days, averaged about 55 to 58 mpg. did get up to 63.3 once, this is cruising about 83 to 85. I have dropped 3 on the rear and now the speedo matches the GPS.
I love these bikes. :thumbsup:

it must be nice to fit down behind the windscreen and not act like a big windsail :poke: :laugh:

at 290 lbs. and with the aerodynamics of a bulldozer, i got 40.87 mpg for 1080 miles at 75-80 mph Sat. night (this is actual miles from a GPS and the fuel amounts from the receipts) :beerchug:

Last edited:
it must be nice to fit down behind the windscreen and not act like a big windsail :poke: :laugh:

at 290 lbs. and with the aerodynamics of a bulldozer, i got 40.87 mpg for 1080 miles at 75-80 mph Sat. night (this is actual miles from a GPS and the fuel amounts from the receipts) :beerchug:

Now that funny!:laugh:
And you are still getting 10 better than I.
Bubba

semi your at 290:poke: i didnt think you ate that much pizza at chi chi's....did you put some in your pocket for later?:laugh:

just kidding :beerchug: im at 210...give me a few years I will catch up 39yr old now

semi your at 290:poke: i didnt think you ate that much pizza at chi chi's....did you put some in your pocket for later?:laugh:

just kidding :beerchug: im at 210...give me a few years I will catch up 39yr old now

you only have a year, i'm only 40 :poke: my mom says it's the miles that show on my face, not just the years :laugh:

Busawhipped is now the time to welcome you to the IBA? Wardie

Yep. semi and I completed the Saddle Sore 1000 on the Busas over the weekend. I'll be making copies of everything today and submitting for certification.

Me and the wife with ventura, averaged 44 mpg over 1800 miles round trip to LSR event at loring. Ride to Maine,go 206.5 mph,ride home! Obviously milage did vary at certain points along the trip.:whistle::laugh: Economy & performance:cheerleader:
As you pointed out,the bike is multi-faceted, as we did swing by the Kangamangus hwy(NH) on the return ride for some twistie action. I know for a fact, there is no other bike out there that is capable of doing this! With only an exhaust and a PC!
Smiles all around.Heres to the mighty bird:beerchug::bowdown:
PS,I forgot it had a 55 rear tire which did aid in all aspects.Only drawback is the vibration was now at 4700 rpm's.It really is a much worse then on the gen 1 bike! But the extra 15 HP is worth it.

Back