Milatary Person

pcosho

Registered
Here goes, My family and I went out to eat the other day for lunch. The restaurant had several tables reserved so we had trouble finding a place to sit. In walked several members of the Army,this is who the seats were reserved for. Anyhow up walks this soldier and proceeds to sit next to our table and makes this statement "I'm not sitting next to these fake people they need to live in the real world." Just prior to his comment I was seriously thinking about getting up and commending everyone of them for what they do for our country. But after that comment I was like what the **** did that guy just say. It made me wonder if all of them think this way. I'll admit I was ready to confront him but deep down I hope that not everyone that's in the military doesn't think that way about us "fake people." I'm still speechless.

Here goes, My family and I went out to eat the other day for lunch. The restaurant had several tables reserved so we had trouble finding a place to sit. In walked several members of the Army,this is who the seats were reserved for. Anyhow up walks this soldier and proceeds to sit next to our table and makes this statement "I'm not sitting next to these fake people they need to live in the real world." Just prior to his comment I was seriously thinking about getting up and commending everyone of them for what they do for our country. But after that comment I was like what the **** did that guy just say. It made me wonder if all of them think this way. I'll admit I was ready to confront him but deep down I hope that not everyone that's in the military doesn't think that way about us "fake people." I'm still speechless.
dunno.gif

Any idea what he was actually talking about
rock.gif

Nothing you posted makes any real sense...

Why would anyone think you're fake? Were you slathered in Gucci, wearing Prada while sitting in Denny's???

Don't get it...

What I was getting at is that this particular person thought he was better than every other civilian just because he was in the military' Just plain rude of him to make a comment like that. That's all I was getting at I guess I should have got up and asked him if his mom wore combat boots but I won't stoop to his level. Guess you just had to be there because everyone sitting around us felt the same way.

Sounds to me like the Soldier was taking his frustration out in general... maybe someone gave him some stange look, or he had some bad experieince earier in the day. The comment doesn't make any sence, but I do assure you, many of not most of the Armed Forces will offer at least the respect that they recieve.

I would have confronted him, regardless of the day he had. Military, especially while in uniform, are supposed to be ambassadors of their service and make a good impression while in the publics eye, they know this. His comment was just rude.

I would have confronted him, regardless of the day he had. Military, especially while in uniform, are supposed to be ambassadors of their service and make a good impression while in the publics eye, they know this. His comment was just rude.
clap.gif
the prob. is he is lacking in maturity probably cant even buy alcohol yet
ohthedrama.gif

people aren't perfect. ROBOTS are perfect, people aren't. true it's not right what he said, but we all step in it at some points in our life

I agree with Shawn, something was probably eating at him. Most military personnel regardless of branch are very respectful. Might have been nice to commend them regardless of the statement. Might have made him think twice before making an irresponsible statement like that in the future.

The guy was probably just an immature aszclown in uniform...

Next time walk up and ask him/her Name/Rank/Unit/Commander/Base. Then just keep an eye on them. That is not the behavior that they have been indoctrinated to display.

People say stupid things all the time...didn't matter that he was in uniform or not, a military member or not. Yes, we are held to a certain standard to promote a professional military image...but it doesn't mean everyone adheres to doing the right thing all the time. Next time, resolve the issue by dialogue...and if it gets out of hand, ask for their information or remember the items on thier uniform and features. Correcting behavior is as simple as making a phone call in most cases...

Don't stereotype a group by the actions of an individual...our public image has been one of the greatest problems. As a recruiter, if I saw that in person, I would have taken action because their behavior has direct impact on my job! Regardless of which branch we serve in, we are one team...

Back