Metzler M5 Interact Rave Reviews from Motorcyclist Magazine

E Zurcher

Registered
Motorcyclist did a write op in the ZX-14 and praised these tires as being great all around, long lasting and wonderful on the track or street. Anyone had any experience with them?

Metzler M5 Interact

I was not impressed while running a set on my 09'. Had high hopes as I have had many good sets of 3's on my gsxr.
These didn't live up to the hype.

why the worst? poor traction wet/dry or wearing issues? just curious as i read that article myself. i am still loyal to my Q2 dunlop's but they sparked my interest.

Sorry, I'm just now seeing this.

I'm not saying they are the worst tires out there, just the worst ones I've run on a sport bike. So that's only comparing them to a few different models from Bridgestone, Dunlop, and Michelin. The dry handling and grip were acceptable, but no better than anything else I've used. The tread life was pretty good, and I didn't notice any abnormal wear patterns. They were done at 3500 miles, and out of the tires I've used, that's only second in longevity to the Michelin Pilot Road 2.

My major issue with them (and I mean MAJOR) is the handling characteristics in the rain. I don't mean just on a wet road, but when it's actively raining. The bike did not want to lean at all in the rain. It was the strangest thing. The bike seemed like it wanted only to remain straight up. When I finally got it leaned over, the front tire had a mind of its own. I never felt any huge slips, but it wandered around so much it was scary. This behavior happened everywhere from highway speeds all the way down. I've never felt anything like that before. I was with another rider on an identical bike when that first happened, and he experienced the same issue.

The June issue of Sportrider Mag has a bit on the new Metzeler Sporttec M5 D spec tire as well as some info on Pirelli's updated Angel GT. It's in their late braking section.

Back