190/50zr17 73w pirelli diablo rosso corsa. vs metzeler sportec M5 interac 73w?????

hayabusa vjt488

Registered
Hi guys

I'm new for this site and I ride a 1999 busa, I have a problem i don't really know what tires I'm gonna buy between metzeler sportec M5 interact or pirelli diablo rosso corsa.
In Malta the roads are pretty bumpy and not that good. Right now I have the Avon storm its not a bad tire, I bend very well in fact I have no chicken straps left on both sides, but when I'm fully bent and coming out of a corner with 5th gear the tire always seems to slip from behind. I've set up my bike to my fit and it's pretty good and up till now it's the best set up I've ever ridden and I've always used these type of tires because I got my bike last April and it came with them. I just want to ask you what you think about the metzeler and the pirelli I've mentioned there, if anyone one of you have tried these tires out on the road..

Another issue I got is about the geometry of the swing arm if maybe anyone can help me with this. My busa's jack up link is 15mm from hole to hole from the standard, now I bought the adjustable links so I can lower it a bit because the geometry of the swing arm is 13.4 degrees. Does anyone know what the best degrees is? I've heard professional riders ride it with 13 degrees but i'm not a pro, I just risk my life on this f...... island (: Thanks for your time hope you can help

- Jason

Re: 190/50zr17 73w pirelli diablo rosso corsa. vs metzeler sportec M5 interac 73w?

Welcome to the oRg. Tires are a preference item. From the two you have mentioned, I would recommend the Corsa. If you could by any tire....Dunlop Q2, Pirelli Angel, etc come to mind. As far as swing arm geometry, leave it at stock height if you want the best clearance in the corners. :welcome:

Re: 190/50zr17 73w pirelli diablo rosso corsa. vs metzeler sportec M5 interac 73w?

Thank you for the welcome and your advice but to be honest I prefer to try one of the two I've mentioned although I know that they won't last that long, but I think that they really stick to the ground. About the geometry, yes I'm gonna take your advice and try it because I don't know how it feels with the stock ones thanks again :thumbsup:

I have a set of Metzeler Sportech M5's on my busa and they have held up pretty good for over 4k miles and still hold true coming in and out of turns. Ive powerslid coming out of a turn once but that was more my fault than the tire I think cause I came in way too hot on my approach and got a little overzealous coming out of it :laugh:

What?

Nobody knows what the swingarm angle should be? :dunno:

:welcome: to the oRg. :thumbsup:

Corsa has a very stiff sidewall. on bumpy roads it'll shake your fillings out... unless you drop the pressure to 38lbs

Back