Anyone run Pirelli~?~

outlawbusa

1 wheel up aero testing
Donating Member
Registered
Checking into new tires and have never run Pirelli before...therefore I am not very familiar with this brand.

Looking at the Diablo Rosso Corsa. Is that one of the better Pirelli tires to run~?~

Anyone had experiece on this tire~?~

I didn't even see the angels, I'll take another look.

Basically what I am looking for out of this thread is knowledge on the better Pirelli tires vs a tire that would not hang so good...

I used to be die hard Dunlop and have been running Michs a lot the last few years...

So, I am assuming the Angel is the tire of choice then~?~

Edit: I see other posts coming in, I'll take a look at the angels

Angels are touring tires, Rosso' are a street/track performance tire that replaced the corsa III.

I've never met a pirelli tire I didn't like! I have been on Pirelli track tires for the past four years. Great tires but spendy!

Yep, the angels do say sport touring...I do like the looks of the Rosso.

Do they wear quickly~?~

I got an email this morning from motorcycle superstore . This week only %35 off Pirelli tires and email had a coupon for an addtl %10 off . If you want I'll pm you the info ?
Might be a decent price for you ?

I got an email this morning from motorcycle superstore . This week only %35 off Pirelli tires and email had a coupon for an addtl %10 off . If you want I'll pm you the info ?
Might be a decent price for you ?

Thanks for the offer, that is actually what got me looking at the Pirelli's but you can't enter the code until you enter all of your personal information so I don't see a final price yet...I thought they would definitely be worth looking into~!~

BTW: Like Blanca said, if anyone would like a copy of this email just PM and I'll be happy to forward it along to you. Looks like pretty good prices after it's said and done~!~

Last edited:
If you get another ten percent off in the end just take the price you have and multiply by .90 . This will give you the price of how much they would be with the extra %10.

I see the deal with the codes now, I thought there were two different codes to stack~!~

Last edited:
I just installed a set of angels. Great tire. Even in the wet it tracks nicely. Corners better than the qualifier. Plus the angel symbol on the tire for the first 600 miles is a trip!

I would run the Angels any day to just poke around town or tour on but no way would I run them on the track... The Angels are absolutely a harder compound than others out there... I don't run as soft a tire as Tufbusa I don't ride as hard either... On the track I usually meet in the middle and run Pilot powers or Pilot Pures... They don't last as long as the Angels because they are softer....

cap

I run the pirelli diablo rosso and they are great.

I can lean in farther than i could with the bridgestones that i had previously,

and i paid out the ass for them so i would suggest using the motorcycle superstore deal that is going on now. get a good deal on a great tire.

you will enjoy them if you choose to get them

Did you order from the motorcycle super store Blanca ??? I tried a couple of times both times at checkout time said paypal was down. So I didn't order

had a set of stradas on my 600 and loved them!! now that its time for tires on my busa im going with the angels!!! which suposedly replaced the strada as the touring tire. i got 8000 out of my rear on my 600 with mild riding on surface streets and no track days on them. but i am a 6'4" man at 300 lbs so thats some meat to chew on.(also the reason i bought a busa the 600 was a little slow) :-)

That is the lastest technology for street/track tyre for Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa.Its defintely more pricey than other brands.Its good for twisties and track not for mileage compared to the Angels.Ultimately its up to what you want.For me i will use that for all rounder since mine is a weekend bike.Would love the confidence for cornering.

Back