anyone on Pirelli Diablo Rosso tires?

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
Just wondering.  I ordered some just now.  I'm sure they will be just fine - like all the rest of the great tires out there I never get close to 75% usage of.  just curious if anyone else is running them yet.

I'm doing less and less track days lately since the Hummer get HORRID gas milage, but plan to do some longer touring with potential twisties enroute.  I don't expect the ROSSO to LAST, but I do expect it to stick as good or better than previous diablo, which I felt warmed up the fasted and always stuck great.  I'm not concerned with it's "Neutral feel on the streets"... I can adjust

http://www.motorcycle.com/products/pirellis-red-devil-70642.html

pirelli_diablo_04.jpg

I have no experience with the Rosso tire but I can't imagine Pirelli making a bad tire. I've never been on a prelli I didn't like. Polished off a set of Corsa III's recently and I was very pleased with them. I think the Rosso is a bit more touring oriented than the Corsa so you will most likely get a bit better mileage.

Let us know what you think and how long they last.

I am running a 60 series rosso up front,intercooler clearance!, p-code diablo out back. Great feedback,you feel everything thru them. But I have less confidence in the front compared to the 65 series corsa 3 pirelli I was running previous. To me the rosso falls in between the regular diablo and the corsa,closer to a diablo. If you are not big into the twisties,the rosso will be fine.For me there is no comparing the two,and the corsa got the same mileage wear! Anyway I am going back to qualifiers(no 60 series corsa
argue.gif
).I tried the qualifiers while the rosso was on back order,they have the grip
thumb_up.gif
,okay wear and the feel of the corsa with just a little less feedback and turn in(less pointy profile).Oh,the regular pirelli diablo p-code out back is fine(corsa a step up) either way,good confidence. The dunlop out back just as good,so it just shows me how much front tire feel matters in any tire.
beerchug.gif
JMHO

great info guys! yeah, with my track action pretty low this season, thought I'd go the street direction this time around.

The Metzeler M3s I have were fine, nothing spectacular and lasted pretty long [or I'm riding less?] but the back is gone and the front is "Track worn angled" now and I hate that. PLUS the front seems to have developed strange cracks in the side wall - perhaps from the elements and age?? - and I don't like the look of them.

I can't imagine not liking any Pirelli either. just looking for some of that good old LIVE feedback.
smile.gif
Thanks!

I threw a set of these on few months back-scrubbed them in good at Spring Bash, then came back home an did few more trips b/w IL n WI on them-the rear has bout 2800mi on it the front was added at 1000mi on the rear.
I like these more than my Qualifiers-but the bike is 'sorted out' better now, with the Vortex rears n Ohlins damper...so I may be giving the tires too much credit?? but I doubt it
bowdown.gif

and i got my Pirellis for less than a set of Qualifiers
beerchug.gif

I ordered the 190 this time. Not sure why. I'm so used to the 180 I've had on for ever and there's a big difference to me. 190 should be fun again. My abilities have improved tons since 03... ought to be interesting!

other thing about getting NEW tires on... NEW tires ALWAYS feel much better than the last set of tires because they were all warn down, groved, flat spots, missing extra rubber thickness etc etc etc so the NEW set always feels WAY better... no matter what brand it is.
smile.gif

Greg-Lets just not end up in Lansing, IA again with belt showing through
winkold.gif
That is if we get an Iowa ride going this year. I am ready to see everyone again since I have a Busa again!

hahah BIll, yeah my cord riding days are over! I'd love to do another Iowa ride. Bike's going into shop next week for tires and tune, then maybe we can set something up. I want to find those roads by Prarie City too

Back