Bike magazine article

Hawk14

Registered
Has anyone read this Brit magazine's March 04, issue where they published a test on the busa, zx-12, zzr1200 and the Honda Black bird. Interesting test on streets, track, twisties and dyno.

I was surprised to see that the zx-12 outpowered the busu by almost 10 hp at the rear wheel (164.8 vs. 155.6), with the busa having a slight advantage in torque (95.2 vs. 92.9). I don't know if Kawi tweaked the 12, but I dont remember there being such a difference in last year's bikes and tests.

Furthermore, they feel the busa is a little long in the tooth now, although they admit it can still hold its own at the strip. They found it uncomfortable due to the low screen, but liked the seat and the "Luxury-liner smooth" power delivery.

Just thought Id share this with you guys. A little disappointing, but interesting, nonetheless.

rock.gif
An amazing bike considering it has been virtually unchanged and untouched for 5yrs. Zook, time to update and F the 186 limit bull#%@&. I think some mior Cos. tweaks, paint style changes, and a motor tweak would keep her there for a few more years to come!
smile.gif

Yeah, I was just reading that myself... cant remeber the mag name sorry. They gave the 12 like 4 stars, the XX 4 stars, and the busa only 3... I was thinking, what a crock!!!!!!

The ,agazine is called "Bike." Its a British publication and is rather hard to find in the states. I found it at a Hudson News stand, a store that is found in airports and major train stations like Grand Cenrtral Station in NY. The specialize in carrying foreign magazines. they carry "Ride" and "Performance Bike" as well, all British magazines.

Back