Member Rocketmn deceased....

I don't know how my replies got screwed up but my reply to Tom ended up in my reply to Rubb:
"He hasn't yet made the decision on pump gas/retune so that is still up in the air.
I'll have a discussion with him and let you know where things are going.
I can tell you that if the Gen 1 sells, he will be taking the recently added shifter kill switch off and putting the air cylinder back on. The rest of the air system is still intact. Apparently, the kill switch he added is very hard to find and this particular item was actually on a bike he sold to someone but they still had it and gave it to him."
I have no issue with the air shifter being reconfigured.

It is what it is, Rubb.
I know you guys understand.
Yea, you make sense about moving the pegs forward rather than back to take the acute angle out of the knees and ankles.
I just don't know about keeping it.
It was fun but I have to admit, it wasn't like I was dying to go riding.
He wanted me to go simply to find out if this was something I would look forward to doing on a semi-regular basis, but presently I'm just not feeling it.
Mike truly lives to ride and I get where he and most of you guys are at when it comes to riding.
No decision will be made hastily.
At least if Mike takes it, he has offered me carte blanche access to it if I ever want to ride it a bit.
It's all good Brian. Some of us are HARDCORE riders,some are not. If it goes to your buddy it sounds like a WIN-WIN.
Rubb.

I have to say, it was fun.
Thought it was set on L3, 440whp, but Mike told me later he set it to L1, Soy Boy mode just for me!!! lol
I got to do one two-lane pass on a tractor trailer up in NW CT, with traffic coming at me, and leaned into it in 4th gear....what a feeling.
Then on the last leg of the ride, on Rt. 384 in Bolton, CT, Mike started to rocket and I did what I felt comfortable with to keep up with him and hit about 125 in 6th, just leaning into the throttle.
Again, I'm pretty sure it made no boost, but pulled so nice.
He saw an indicated 173.
I can definitely understand why you guys like these bikes.

I keep looking at this and wishing I could afford it but I already spent $30k this year on toys and I would definitely get divorced if I bought it. I was showing pictures of it to a friend yesterday and saying how it is pretty much the best you could build...
I get it, Greg.
Remember the price is absolutely flexible.
I understand that the price I listed it at is on the high side, even considering the extent of the build.
When I priced it, I figured 50% of the mods plus the price of a clean 2009.
Anyone wants to make me any serious offer, I will consider it.
There is probably one person out there that would pay a premium but that person is more along the lines of a unicorn, IMO.

Mike shortened the Gen 2 on a stock swingarm with a new chain I bought.
Short Gen2.jpg

Looks dope man.Absolutely perfect. Handling is there again...and still has the "Go-Fast" button. :thumbsup:
Rubb.

Back