New member.

ajs18s

Registered
New member to the Hayabusa family, well almost. About to put pen to paper on a 2020 with under 10,000 k's. Totally stock and in great condition. I am very sceptical about the kilometres but almost every other bike of this year has very similar k's. But I am currently riding a BMW adventure bike that has over130,000ks on it.
The first thing that I will do to this bike is a rear rack. Though after looking through this site I don't see any info or pictures or how to.
Cheers all.

Welcome to the forum. Some of us have touring setups, racks, hard saddlebags, etc. @c10 had a well setup busa called “the busawing” (as in goldwing). Plenty of pictures if you search the forum. Here is an old pic of mine when it was white.

B842D55D-B955-4E6E-B765-6F6A7A98E7DC.png

There's no defined mileage/year for bikes... my 2005 'Busa has just 22,000kms on it yet my 2008 has 79,000kms. A two-year old bike with 10,000kms on the odo is pretty typical IMO... but then there are outliers like my friend here who bought a new GSX1000GT last May and had 23,000kms on it by year's end. He's on his third set of tires already and it's not even a year old... :crazy:

Oh yeah, :welcome:

New member to the Hayabusa family, well almost. About to put pen to paper on a 2020 with under 10,000 k's. Totally stock and in great condition. I am very sceptical about the kilometres but almost every other bike of this year has very similar k's. But I am currently riding a BMW adventure bike that has over130,000ks on it.
The first thing that I will do to this bike is a rear rack. Though after looking through this site I don't see any info or pictures or how to.
Cheers all.
Welcome from central Florida

Cheers all.
Have had this system on a ton of bikes including a Gen2

Cantab, that is exactly what I will install. Did you install yourself, I hate taking plastics apart on a bike as I normally end up damaging it. Does anyone know if there is a write up with pictures maybe.
Cheers all.

Cantab, that is exactly what I will install. Did you install yourself, I hate taking plastics apart on a bike as I normally end up damaging it. Does anyone know if there is a write up with pictures maybe.
Cheers all.
Yes i did fit it myself cant quite remember the details but it was one of the simplist ones you could do.
Some pics thru this thread

There is a gen2 tail removal thread here somewhere, and it is very simple, no worries.
After you've done it once, you can literally get the tail off in 2 minutes.
Just a few bolts, push pins, and disconnect the passenger seat cable.

Cheers all.
Welcome to the oRg

Back