Member Rocketmn deceased....

Hopefully these rides will end up in the hands of someone that truely appreciates the love and hard work that was put into them.
You holdin' up ok Brian? This would test me beyond words.
Rubb.
Hey, yea, I'm doing OK.
Rich's plate on his Gen 1 was "RKET MN", a nickname given to him by my old friend Bob, a mutual friend of Rich.
I sent it to Bob via USPS as a nostalgic memory and he was extremely happy.
Made my day to hear that.

Hey, yea, I'm doing OK.
Rich's plate on his Gen 1 was "RKET MN", a nickname given to him by my old friend Bob, a mutual friend of Rich.
I sent it to Bob via USPS as a nostalgic memory and he was extremely happy.
Made my day to hear that.
VERY VERY COOL, makes ya feel good eh !!!
Rubb.

Frank has the info for some work he did on the Gen1 and he should be sending it out once he has is all copied.
The Gen 1 did dyno 330whp based on what Frank told me.
I don't know who originally tweaked the bike but Rich owned it since new in 2002 based on the title.
I don't know if the engine was done and I hope that info can be gleaned from the invoices.
If not perhaps Frank can tell me but I'll wait to see what he sends me.
I thought I remembered Frank did that bike. But I didn't want to steer you off in that direction on bad recollections. I'll wait until you get there. Just PM me if you have the info as I don't come here as often as many others. My lack of response to a public post is not meaning a lack of interest.

I thought I remembered Frank did that bike. But I didn't want to steer you off in that direction on bad recollections. I'll wait until you get there. Just PM me if you have the info as I don't come here as often as many others. My lack of response to a public post is not meaning a lack of interest.
I understand.
I'm not sure Frank initially built it, it may have been Total Kaos(?) but they appear to be defunct.
Frank did do some work to it for Rich after the fact.

Hey, all, just wanted to reach back out.
After weeks of persuasion, my buddy Mike talked me into riding the Gen2.
He rode his Ducati 1198SP during the brief 8 mile stint.
He had the '09 on level 3 at 440whp, to my surprise, the last level he rode it on.
I could definitely feel the boost come in around 5-6K in 3rd gear and it was, to be clear, a crazy feeling.
I've had strong turbo cars but this was another level of respect.
I didn't really get into boost beyond that and never surpassed 80mph but the bike rides so nicely.
I actually may keep it, and as he and I discussed, just easy rides on the weekends, no crazy stuff.
I might have him run it at the 1/4 or mile but that will be up to him.
I originally had no real intention to ride this bike, simply because I haven't ridden in over 30 years, but I am glad I did.

Way cool @vrybad It must have been so cool in so many ways. Like riding with the Angels or something. :bowdown:
There is nothing like a Turbo busa Brian.
If you can keep it,it will be a special ride for years to come. It was built right,unlike some 16 year old kid who bolts a cheap turbo on and calls it good.
My last ride with my brother (after he died) was way cool.He would have loved it.
I went to a favorite road of his down at a cool beach he loved,opened up the container with his ashes,poured (him) into my gas tank,did Mach 5 and blew him out the pipe all up and down that stretch.Let him drift off in the air and out to sea.
He just wasn't the cryin' type who would have wanted me breakin' down in tears every time I walked past his urn.
I don't think a lot of folks could relate...too bad...not my prob.
Maybe the two of them are hanging out lookin' down....
Rubb.

Way cool @vrybad It must have been so cool in so many ways. Like riding with the Angels or something. :bowdown:
There is nothing like a Turbo busa Brian.
If you can keep it,it will be a special ride for years to come. It was built right,unlike some 16 year old kid who bolts a cheap turbo on and calls it good.
My last ride with my brother (after he died) was way cool.He would have loved it.
I went to a favorite road of his down at a cool beach he loved,opened up the container with his ashes,poured (him) into my gas tank,did Mach 5 and blew him out the pipe all up and down that stretch.Let him drift off in the air and out to sea.
He just wasn't the cryin' type who would have wanted me breakin' down in tears every time I walked past his urn.
I don't think a lot of folks could relate...too bad...not my prob.
Maybe the two of them are hanging out lookin' down....
Rubb.
I have to add.
It was very special.
I put more miles on this bike in one ride than Rich had the opportunity to.
That is the crazy part.
Gotta say i wish he was here.
Thanks, folks.

Hey folks, just checking back in.
Yesterday, Mike took his 1198SP and I took the Gen 2 and we took a ride from our location in Coventry, CT to Millerton, NY, about a 160 mile round trip.
Probably about 25 miles highway and the balance on back roads.
Grabbed lunch at a deli in Millerton, then rode home.
It was a fun ride, however, I found myself uncomfortable due to the tight knee/ankle riding position, even with the rear sets all the way down and back.
The bike rode very well and cornering was decent, even with the +4" arm, but I could certainly tell it was stretched a bit.
Didn't jackass much but did push it a bit on the highway near home on the way back.
I don't think the bike ever went into boost but it was still very quick compared to what I have ridden.
It's a very beautiful machine, however, the ride somewhat cemented my feeling that perhaps I am now truly a "cager".
I got into cars decades ago after getting out of bikes and haven't really looked back.
I think that due to my age (nearing 60) and just slowing down as I get older, this type of bike doesn't fit me.
It's kind of a shame but I think Rich would understand.
I had planned to keep it but i might work something out with Mike because he wants one of the two busas, preferably the Gen 2.
Just wanted to let you all know how things have been going since you all were so kind after hearing about Rich's passing.

Hey folks, just checking back in.
Yesterday, Mike took his 1198SP and I took the Gen 2 and we took a ride from our location in Coventry, CT to Millerton, NY, about a 160 mile round trip.
Probably about 25 miles highway and the balance on back roads.
Grabbed lunch at a deli in Millerton, then rode home.
It was a fun ride, however, I found myself uncomfortable due to the tight knee/ankle riding position, even with the rear sets all the way down and back.
The bike rode very well and cornering was decent, even with the +4" arm, but I could certainly tell it was stretched a bit.
Didn't jackass much but did push it a bit on the highway near home on the way back.
I don't think the bike ever went into boost but it was still very quick compared to what I have ridden.
It's a very beautiful machine, however, the ride somewhat cemented my feeling that perhaps I am now truly a "cager".
I got into cars decades ago after getting out of bikes and haven't really looked back.
I think that due to my age (nearing 60) and just slowing down as I get older, this type of bike doesn't fit me.
It's kind of a shame but I think Rich would understand.
I had planned to keep it but i might work something out with Mike because he wants one of the two busas, preferably the Gen 2.
Just wanted to let you all know how things have been going since you all were so kind after hearing about Rich's passing.
I'm still waiting to hear particulars on the Gen 1. Unless I have missed it somehow?

I'm still waiting to hear particulars on the Gen 1. Unless I have missed it somehow?
Sorry, Tom, I forgot to get back to that.
Mike has been spending a bit of time on the bike since Rich hadn't ridden it in quite a while, so when we first got it to Mike's house, it wouldn't run.
It's a velocity stage 2 with meth injection, almost 14K miles on the bike.
Level 1, 8psi, 260whp, level 2, 16 psi, 330whp.
Meth comes on around 5 psi, according to Mike.
He is pretty confident it also has a built engine.
Mike did new injectors and plugs, map sensor, TPS and some other maintenance work to get it running.
Since we both thought I might keep the Gen 2 and he would take to Gen 1, I gave him the stock wheels/tires and front suspension off the Gen 2 so he could upgrade the Gen 1 a bit.
He was considering taking the meth off and tuning it strictly on 93 for ease of available fuel, as well as removing the air shifter setup since he went to a plunger-style kill switch at the shifter to kill engine load while running up thru the gears clutch-free.
He has always used that type of kill setup when he was racing, never used air.
I can't remember the name of the company that makes the switch but I can find out.
He also shortened it up on the existing swingarm so it is closer to factory wheelbase.
Additionally, Rich had a lot of chrome and stickers on the bike, so Mike took those items off, cleaning it up visually, and he added the fabbed up pipe and can to quiet it down a bit.
The attached pic is how it pretty much looks right now (this image is still on Gen 1 wheels/tires/front suspension), though he did raise it up a bit from this image.
He is still tweaking it a bit to get everything just right and says it runs strong.
imagejpeg_3.jpg

IMG_1616.jpg

Im going for the sleeper look. I can live with the chrome with that color. It's checking off that box. I also like that it's going back to pump gas for ease of use. I'm not looking for a drag bike. I'd be interested in price when you are at that point.

@vrybad glad you got out for a cool ride. Sorry to hear it may be time for the Gen II to go. :confused:
On yer hurting knee's...I've been riding real hurt since 2006 when I suffered some injuries (drunk driver) on my 1st Busa. Knee's got bent the wrong way.
Anyway you want your rearsets low as you set,but pushed forward not back as you did. Also,if u were keeping there are lots of mods to lower the pegs alot,raise the bars,custom the seat,etc to get a more comfy ride.
Rubb.

Im going for the sleeper look. I can live with the chrome with that color. It's checking off that box. I also like that it's going back to pump gas for ease of use. I'm not looking for a drag bike. I'd be interested in price when you are at that point.
He hasn't yet made the decision on pump gas/retune so that is still up in the air.
I'll have a discussion with him and let you know where things are going.
I can tell you that if the Gen 1 sells, he will be taking the recently added shifter kill switch off and putting the air cylinder back on. The rest of the air system is still intact. Apparently, the kill switch he added is very hard to find and this particular item was actually on a bike he sold to someone but they still had it and gave it to him.

@vrybad glad you got out for a cool ride. Sorry to hear it may be time for the Gen II to go. :confused:
On yer hurting knee's...I've been riding real hurt since 2006 when I suffered some injuries (drunk driver) on my 1st Busa. Knee's got bent the wrong way.
Anyway you want your rearsets low as you set,but pushed forward not back as you did. Also,if u were keeping there are lots of mods to lower the pegs alot,raise the bars,custom the seat,etc to get a more comfy ride.
Rubb.
It is what it is, Rubb.
I know you guys understand.
Yea, you make sense about moving the pegs forward rather than back to take the acute angle out of the knees and ankles.
I just don't know about keeping it.
It was fun but I have to admit, it wasn't like I was dying to go riding.
He wanted me to go simply to find out if this was something I would look forward to doing on a semi-regular basis, but presently I'm just not feeling it.
Mike truly lives to ride and I get where he and most of you guys are at when it comes to riding.
No decision will be made hastily.
At least if Mike takes it, he has offered me carte blanche access to it if I ever want to ride it a bit.

I don't know how my replies got screwed up but my reply to Tom ended up in my reply to Rubb:
"He hasn't yet made the decision on pump gas/retune so that is still up in the air.
I'll have a discussion with him and let you know where things are going.
I can tell you that if the Gen 1 sells, he will be taking the recently added shifter kill switch off and putting the air cylinder back on. The rest of the air system is still intact. Apparently, the kill switch he added is very hard to find and this particular item was actually on a bike he sold to someone but they still had it and gave it to him."

Back