Meguiars gold class wax

shimmyz

Donating Member
Registered
I bought it last week and just got around to using it today. I'm very pleased. Pics don't do it justice. For some reason the pics are dull looking. Any marks you see in the paint are all reflections. In person the paint looks like a wet mirror. Oh, this wax was the liquid not paste.

tank.JPG

Looks nice! I need to polish my Busa...gee, thanks for making me feel bad...
tounge.gif

That f'in black is sure a pain in that ass though! I have to work OT to keep it nice. Even the tiniest scratches show up on black.
sad.gif

That f'in black is sure a pain in that ass though!  I have to work OT to keep it nice.  Even the tiniest scratches show up on black.
sad.gif
You guys are going to think I work for Meguiars but here goes another plug for them. When I picked up the bike(brand new) there were tiny scratches all over the black tank. The dealer lets anybody flop their fat azzes on the bikes. I used Meguiars Scratch X. This stuff works awesome. Very minimal rubbing to get all the scratches out. Maybe ten minutes to do the whole tank. Thats what lad me to trying the wax. I'm very happy with both.
cool.gif

I'll have to try the gold, but I like their three-step stuff. It's a bit of work but the results are nice.

Thanks for the tip.

I'll give it a try, I've used the Meguires cleaner /wax for touch ups and had good luck. I don't wan't to deal with the Zaino 18 step process
tounge.gif

I guess it goes on and buffs off easily?

I don't mind washing and waxing, but I don't want to make it an all day project. I need some time to ride ya know
biggrin.gif

I'm only into my 4th week w/ mine and wish I'd of gotten a tank protector ($35). I have these very fine abrasions were my nuts hit the tank (yes it hurt!). Anyway, would this polish take care of that do you think? (The scratches...not my pain!)
crazy.gif

Back