Me and the boys at the range

All nice pics..but NEVER put your finger on a trigger until you are sited in on your target and ready to fire! All guns are loaded! Loaded or not! Sorry, but i get tired of hearing..the gun just went off. Get your finger off the trigger.:rulez:

good on ya for takeing them out..teach them right...had a misshap here localy 2 days ago. 16yr old didnt know shotgun was loaded.. killed his freind. keep them serious i say

All I can say is, It's a great day when a dad teaches His kids how to handle a gun in a safe way. Fantastic, And you can bet , Mine are grown but they know what to do with a gun. Oh, You may need to go with your son to the gym, Looks like he might be outgrowing you.:laugh:

Makes me remember when my dad took my brother and I to the range for the first time.

Great job dad! :thumbsup:

I know a lot of people have commented on the trigger finger issue, so the only thing I'm going to ask is: did anyone else notice that the only one following safety rule #1 was the girlfriend?! I'm sorry, I just find that amusing.

Looks like I need to come to your neck of the woods and play with you and the family. I love going to the range with my brother and my dad. Especially with my brother that he is on his cities swat team. :laugh::beerchug::thumbsup::bowdown:

Ok, I get the finger issue.

I missed it because I was taking pictures, I had already covered that with everyone. "Gun allways on saftey until barrel pointed down range and you take the safety off just before firing. Never put your finger on the trigger until you are ready to fire. Allways keep the barrel facing away from anything or anyone that could cause immediate injury if it accidently went off. Allways treat a gun as if it is loaded at all times because you never know when it might be."

I get it people, it was covered, like I said I have only been able to take my sons out a few times, at that moment they were interested in looking cool and I was interested in shooting the picture as quick as I could so I could get back to business and I totally missed the finger being on the trigger.

trust me, other than the picture thing I was very professional and cautiou on how the weapons were handeled. they did not insert the magazine until everyone was ready, they did not point the barrel down range until everyone was ready and the safety's did not come off until everyone was ready, all ear plugs in and glasses on.

If someone had a jam they were to keep the rifle pointed down range and raise their hands until I was able to look at it.

I wasnt firing when everyone else was firing, I was standing back watching everyone.

So I get the finger thing, it was an accident that happened during just the picture taking.

And I have made sure I passed it along to my sons that I am catching an unending ration of crap because of them having their fingers on the trigger

And I have made sure I passed it along to my sons that I am catching an unending ration of crap because of them having their fingers on the trigger

Glad that I could point that out to you and the board... :rofl:

Can we shoot 1 gal water jugs at your range ???

Try 1gal water jugs...FROZEN!
It's my favorite target in the winter!
Also those empty plastic soda bottles filled with water and frozen..use food coloring for a nice visual...
Sorry about harping on the finger/trigger issue...it only takes one time for an accident..taking pix or not. Shoot safe and glad you had fun.

My buddy and I shoot as much as possible. Looking to make a career move into law enforcement as soon as I finish my BA.

I can still remember growing up and shooting with my father. Those are memories your sons will never forget. Great job sir.

Cool pics. My brother just got a new piece. A Smith and Wesson 500. Its a beast. Heres a pic.
IMG00090.jpg

Cool pics. My brother just got a new piece. A Smith and Wesson 500. Its a beast. Heres a pic.
IMG00090.jpg

:rofl: I'm not going to say nothing....

But uh, why is your trigger finger inside the guard?

Oh and remember to NEVER EVER get any part of your anatomy in front of that cylinder while firing.

Back