Maximum boost factory fuel system can support?

mark_ckr

Registered
Anyone have any idea how much turbo boost a factory EFI can support before you would reach a lean condition on pump gas? Considering of course that you have remaped so the factory fuel system in spraying at max.

Thanks.

<!--EDIT|mark_ckr
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078859151 -->

Depends on how the system is set up. Most systems will support 6-8lbs. Then you will need bigger injectors. Closer to the 6lbs with stock Fuel pump.

Depends on how the system is set up.  Most systems will support 6-8lbs.  Then you will need bigger injectors.  Closer to the 6lbs with stock Fuel pump.
I am running 14 lbs on mine, but with turbo pistons and a spacer. However, my injectors are MAX'ed out at the top of the curve (in other words, working too hard). I am shopping around for new injectors now...

any suggestions?

Which injectors are you running now stock. If so go up 2 sizes. If you already went up 1 size just go up one. I am running 14.5lbs and have went up one size. I think they are now Bosch 275cc. I have never approached going lean but they are all the way up there. Bosch 310cc would be the next best. Also depends on your fuel rail. 310's are a little bigger so watch that.

By factory fuel system, do you mean stock pump, line, rail, and injectors? Or the typical turbo return style set up? What year bike?

I’ve had stock gen 2 injectors up to 340whp, but that was at 100% duty cycle right at 9800rpm. They do just fine at 320hp, and stay just under 90% duty.

In the next few weeks I’ll have my modified gen 2 injectors that give an extra 30% more fuel. Great for e85 guys, or someone who needs just a bit more fuel, but doesn’t want to break the bank with aftermarket injectors, and fuel rail upgrade.

A) By factory fuel system,
do you mean stock pump,
line, rail, and injectors ?

B) Or the typical turbo
return style set up ?

C) What year bike ?

A) YES .

B) IF NEEDED .

C) 2002 under 240 ponies .

Black Blue Cop.jpg

Back