Master cylinder push rod length?

murphc13

Registered
Hello all.Do you guys know what length the push rod should be for the front brake master cylinder?
The little plunger that fits in the lever cavity(I understand most after market masters ya e them build in but I made mine up from 3 different pieces)
Brembo from 1290 Superduke
BikeTek lever for same
Plunger/push rod from stock Brembo lever from an Aprilia rsv4.

Is this what you wanted

0912202021a.jpg

0912202021.jpg

@murphc13 if that's the "rod" you are talking about,you have your answer.
Its not called a rod,but whatever. If the rod in question is actually what you are thinking of/talkin' 'bout,thats for the clutch lever. That little actuation rod is 40MM long.
Rubb.

I doubt very much the pushrod ever changes in length from wear, especially not on the brake. If you are having problems with the length of the pushrod you have, I bet it is that the hole it fits to in an aftermarket lever is not deep enough. ...or the pushrod was not installed to the hole properly but that seems unlikely from what I remeber about the lever design for Pazzo busa levers I installed to my bike. Suzuki has a very good design for the levers/master cylinder interface and I presume all aftermarket levers follow the same principle.

I'm not sure @Mythos if he is talking about the piston for the brake master,or the push rod for the lever into the clutch master or what its relevance to the length of a stock piston would be with all the custom parts he's using.SuperDuke,Biketec and Aprilla all rolled into one...not sure what the length of a stock piston matters,unless I missed something.
You are correct Bro,the length(of the piston) would be near exactly the same even after 10,000 pulls.Might be slightly dished out on the end,but any wear would be taken up by the hydraulic action. The master's bore,piston and piston seal all wear...
IDK.
Rubb.

I'm confused as all heck..
I'm fairly certain there's master cylinders, pre built, complete and factory setup with alot of r&d that work properly.

I'm confused as all heck..
I'm fairly certain there's master cylinders, pre built, complete and factory setup with alot of r&d that work properly.
Yes that’s right.But the master cylinder came from a 1290 Superduke,no lever.
The lever is a BikeTek lever bought new for same Superduke master
The lever came without the pushrod so I removed it from my rsv4 stock brake lever(which would think is the same as the suoerduke lever set up as both are Brembo units)

3654A9CC-F4AF-41DF-9329-08F65188131E.jpeg

D149E36F-F441-47AC-B530-83EBB683710B.jpeg

I'm not sure @Mythos if he is talking about the piston for the brake master,or the push rod for the lever into the clutch master or what its relevance to the length of a stock piston would be with all the custom parts he's using.SuperDuke,Biketec and Aprilla all rolled into one...not sure what the length of a stock piston matters,unless I missed something.
You are correct Bro,the length(of the piston) would be near exactly the same even after 10,000 pulls.Might be slightly dished out on the end,but any wear would be taken up by the hydraulic action. The master's bore,piston and piston seal all wear...
IDK.
Rubb.
It’s the push rod barrel that sits in the lever cavity and the ‘rod’ squeezes itself into the dust seal.

Yes that’s right.But the master cylinder came from a 1290 Superduke,no lever.
The lever is a BikeTek lever bought new for same Superduke master
The lever came without the pushrod so I removed it from my rsv4 stock brake lever(which would think is the same as the suoerduke lever set up as both are Brembo units)

Ah, righto, now I get it..
Frankenstien setup :)

Back