Radial master cylinder

sixpack577

Top Gun
Donating Member
Registered
I have a gen2 with .75" risers and helibars. I also have pazzo knockoffs that I'll be replacing with ASVs. Right now with the steering at full lock there is only about an 1/8" clearance between the fairing and lever(at perch end). I also already have ss brake lines, and EBC extreme pro pads on the way. Wave rotors are coming next so I'm trying to find out what I need for a master cylinder now
Does anyone know of(or using) a radial master cylinder that is the same depth in length as stock? I talked to Pashnit the other day and he was unsure.
I want to buy one in the near future, but I want to bolt it on without any clearance problems. I may have to go with different bars and topclamp.
Anyone? Any suggestions? Thanks.

I recently bought the ASV shorties. On the clutch side,mine are contacting the dash faring at at full lock at stock bar height. It may be an issue for you with the risers or maybe not. I can take some measurements for you at the perch before you order them if you want.

One other thing with the ASVs, that weren't an issue to me because I like my lever out away from my hand, is they have to be adjusted at a minimum of 2.125 inches from the grip to fully disengage the clutch. Any closer to the grip and they will not move the pushrod far enough.

I recently bought the ASV shorties. On the clutch side,mine are contacting the dash faring at at full lock at stock bar height. It may be an issue for you with the risers or maybe not. I can take some measurements for you at the perch before you order them if you want.

One other thing with the ASVs, that weren't an issue to me because I like my lever out away from my hand, is they have to be adjusted at a minimum of 2.125 inches from the grip to fully disengage the clutch. Any closer to the grip and they will not move the pushrod far enough.

That's what I like about them. I like to use one or two fingers on the clutch and brake and be able to disengage the clutch or pull the brake all the way without crushing my fingers that are on the bars.
I don't think I'll have a clearance issue with ASVs with the stock master cylinder, but if you don't mind measuring that would be great.:beerchug:

Yep, your just like me. I pretty much use just one finger and I like sticking out there. I will get you a picture with some measurements.

Here you go. If you need more just tell me what you need.

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

Thanks for the pics. If you still have your stock levers could you lay one over the top of the ASV at the mounting hole? And measure how much further forward the ASV stick out from the perch? I don't need a pic of that or an answer now either, just the next time it's convenient for you. I appreciate you taking the time.:beerchug:
Now if someone can just answer my master cylinder question I'll be in good shape.:laugh:

I don't know the answer to the MC question, but would think it's going to be apples to the oranges you have now. Different mounting, lever, plumbing, reservoir etc.

I do have a 100.00 off coupon for ASV levers if you want it. Doesn't work out to be 100.00 off because it is directly through ASV at MSRP. But, it will save you something.

I don't know the answer to the MC question, but would think it's going to be apples to the oranges you have now. Different mounting, lever, plumbing, reservoir etc.

I do have a 100.00 off coupon for ASV levers if you want it. Doesn't work out to be 100.00 off because it is directly through ASV at MSRP. But, it will save you something.

Sir, if you're not going to use that coupon and are willing to give it to me I would be most grateful!:thumbsup:

Back