Maintenance Free Miles?

det45

Registered
How many maintenance free miles am I to expect from my Gen 2 Busa providing that I don't ride my bike hard all of the time and perform the normal maintenance required? I have been reading a lot of threads about people having problems with their Busas with only a few thousand miles on them. I would like to start going on long road trips with my 09 busa but am a little concerned about unexpected maintenance issues while on the road. I have been going on long road trips on my 08 Kawasaki VN900 with no problems but now I want to take the Busa with the same reliability..... ???

I have 10,500 on my 2009, and do only the minimal maintenance, and I don't have any issues so far. I also ride it harder than most, everyday and twisties on weekends.
I also do anywhere from 200 - 500 in a day sometimes.
Bubba
I know someone who has 50,000 on his K8, :whistle: maybe he will chime in on the maintenance schedules, and what the mechanics said. It's all good.

Yes indeed, knock-knock on wood, my 09 has 6,300 trouble free miles on it, to date. I drive her relatively hard in the twisties with occasional high speed burst and haven't had one single issue yet! 300 mile days are routine. Granted, I overdue the maintenance thing, being retired and all, it's my hobby, my therapy, so to speak.
This past July was the Reno Stampede and I'm sure that collectively, there were thousands upon thousands of miles racked up by attendees and to my knowledge, no one had any mechanical issues!? :thumbsup:

We've got several on here that have already passed 50K miles on an '08. Most things have minor issues when new and after an extended life. The complaints you see are typically minor in nature and taken care of by the dealer under warranty, but wouldn't cause you to walk home. As Don says " Grip it and Rip it " :thumbsup:

I have a '99 Gen 1 Copper Busa. I am the Original owner 72000 problem free miles. All stock no mods whatsoever . Normal maintenance. Daily commuter.

I have a '99 Gen 1 Copper Busa. I am the Original owner 72000 problem free miles. All stock no mods whatsoever . Normal maintenance. Daily commuter.

I think keeping it stock, keeping up on the maintenance, and riding it regularly, are all key to keeping her happy. Otherwise, it seems there are always issues with rot, bugs, mice, corrosion, sludge, bad gas, mods of less than factory quality, etc.

I think the Hayabusa is as reliable as any bike you can buy, which is just amazing to me. :thumbsup:

Hi:

my 01 had 45K kms on her no problems when I traded her in for my 08. I would imagine the Gen II's to be as reliable.

Rumble.

Change the oil (good oil and filter), use an injector cleaner every oil change and keep the chain properly adjusted and lubed....and enjoy.. :bowdown:

my 08 i havevn't had one problem but i also don't ride her hard i respect her and she takes care of me i love the bike:beerchug:

Back