Maintenance beyond standard

Many thanks to @Berlin Germany for the maintenance plan! I am not completely done with it but the coupling studs problem was totally new to me.
I have one question aside to the topic: I have a CD-ROM with the Service Manual. But after some Updates of my web browsers I can not access it anymore. Do you face the same issue and what have you done?

@Mythos: Well this is exactly the way I see it but as you said „it's getting to the point where I know I should“ I will check what I have to do beyond the normal and to be responsible for the motorcycle and my wallet at the same time :-)

You’re riding a bike that hasn’t had a chain adjusted in 32 thousand miles?
Mine is still as it came from the factory, no adjustment in 12,000 miles. Cleaned all the lube off the chain at the 600 mile service, never been lubed since. The back wheel has been out four times for new tires, but the adjusters are still on their original settings. Chain slack is a hair over 1” with the bike on the side stand.

Just a basic service will do which you can complete yourself. The valves in my LE were still well within oem spec at 137,000kms[85,000 miles] and the K8 is still perfect at 32,000 miles. I've also experienced lack of chain adjustment between all the Busa's I've owned. One is still running the oem sprockets/chain from 13 years ago.

Hoses get changed every 2 years regardless and bearings replaced every 24,000kms, Ohlins suspension rebuilt every 24,000kms too.

Many thanks to @Berlin Germany for the maintenance plan! I am not completely done with it but the coupling studs problem was totally new to me.
I have one question aside to the topic: I have a CD-ROM with the Service Manual. But after some Updates of my web browsers I can not access it anymore. Do you face the same issue and what have you done?

yep i got the same bullsh i t with my original suzuki cd-rom bought in 2013
only why i wanted the manual for the abs

then 2(?) years later i got win10 at my comp (with the same browser like before) and no chance any more to use the cd.
a buddy tried the cd at his win10 + chrome - an also no chance
so i guess it is more an issue with win10 but with any kind of browsers

Can you detail a bit more how this works, even screenshot the CD contents from File Explorer?

The problem is the browser and not an executable that will not start?

Have you tried Internet Explorer?

Can you detail a bit more how this works, even screenshot the CD contents from File Explorer?

The problem is the browser and not an executable that will not start?

Have you tried Internet Explorer?

believe in me - we tried all without any success - the cd is built for win-xp as latest win version.

for me, in german, i took/copied/loaded down all the "xml´s" i needed one by one from the cd
put all of them into one single word *.doc-file and built that way my own german, around 50 pages long, abs manual
looking 100% equal to the other manual pages (incl. the headlines at each page).
this whole job took over two friggin` weeks - but now it is accomplished and i´m happy with it, my work.

Well I have a workaround but this is actually not what I was looking for. I have a virtual machine running win xp with an old fire fox. This still does the job. But if I want to take the manual with me on my iPad into the garage - it is of course not working. Didn’t check for virtualizing software on iPad so far...

So it is xml? Have you tried viewers, particularly Microsoft?

If there is an executable involved, XP compatibility mode should work.

no dear

no chance to get then the writings etc. out by copy and paste into an other file like a *.doc

and even i changed to "XP compatibility" the cd didn´t work.

but now i got really all writings, pics and schemes over to my *.doc and it looks pretty nice
so i´m a very little bit proud of myself ;)

I have a virtual machine running win xp with an old fire fox. This still does the job. But if I want to take the manual with me on my iPad into the garage - it is of course not working.

Does the pad have wifi? Can you remote connect from the pad to the computer running the service manual?

Yes - this is correct. Last year I went to a Suzuki dealer and asked him about his opinion regarding the chain. He said: It looks pretty new. He only would turn the chain tensioner one turn. That’s all. Ok - he didn‘t see the front sprocket. I put this on my list

One turn (is) an adjustment, a big adjustment.

Mine is still as it came from the factory, no adjustment in 12,000 miles. Cleaned all the lube off the chain at the 600 mile service, never been lubed since. The back wheel has been out four times for new tires, but the adjusters are still on their original settings. Chain slack is a hair over 1” with the bike on the side stand.

Four rear tires in just 12,000 miles?

Back