40k miles - all valves in spec!

jphilipson

Registered
Just had my valves checked yesterday at a few mile shy of 40k - not a single one was out of spec :thumbsup:. Love these Busa engines, they are so tough an reliable. That's the reason I went with the Busa, as I put tons of miles on my bikes, and so far it's proving to be a good choice. Not a single mechanical problem with it yet. Just routine maintenance and ride!

Yuppp I learned my lesson after 4 engines with a VMAX over the past 10 yrs.
Cant beat a GSXR reliabilty and performance!!! B U L L E T P R O O F !!! as long as
you take care of them.

thats awesome news. My Gen I was awesome like that. Bulletproof. Hence why I got the Gen II :beerchug:

I have customer with over 125k miles on a 99 and it's never been apart..

PM is better than repairs...

I have customer with over 125k miles on a 99 and it's never been apart..

PM is better than repairs...

PM = Preventative Maint. ? The yeah, definitely agree. I'm shooting for over 200k on this one, and I have no reason to believe it won't make it.

I got to almost 50 but then I had the motor bored . but i'm sure it would have gone for awhile longer . these motors are :beerchug:awesome:beerchug:

All the high mileage engines get there by riders who take good care of their bikes. I bet these high mileage engines did not experience the mindless number of wheelies, reving the engine on the rev limiter for stupid durations, "smoke shows" or any of that other crap that beats the crap out of the bike. It really bothers the hell out of me to see people take these technical marvels of a bike and beat the crap out of them than blame Suzuki or the dealer for the problems they caused.

i had 40k on mine before the i tore the motor down for a 1397. it was in spec. as well. They are great motors but as already said. take care of it and it will take care of you

All the high mileage engines get there by riders who take good care of their bikes. I bet these high mileage engines did not experience the mindless number of wheelies, reving the engine on the rev limiter for stupid durations, "smoke shows" or any of that other crap that beats the crap out of the bike. It really bothers the hell out of me to see people take these technical marvels of a bike and beat the crap out of them than blame Suzuki or the dealer for the problems they caused.

That is very common. People beat the hell out of the bike/car/snowmobile and then complain about it when they have problems. If you are reasonable with how you run the engines they usually last in pretty much any motorized object. But, beat it to death and sooner or later it shows the wear.

Agreed!! Couldnt have said it better!! Cant tell you how many times I have heard a GSXR at a redlight WOT bouncing off the high side rev limiter just to show off, makes me just want to crindge makes the hair stand on my back, and this is the same guy that is bringing his bike in the shop with a bent valve *****ing its a POS.

Had a mechanic tell me these engines are bullet proof also. The GSXR engines are made to race so your average rider on the street can't destory them. The only way you can hurt these engines is to not follow the maintenance schedule, and then you still would have to beat the hell out of them to make them quit. You gotta love it!

Back