Lucky me

Let me start by saying that I don't think anything can compare to getting  burnt.  Just a little burn on your finger hurts like he**.  Sorry to hear about that.
 Now lets see here.  The day I wrecked it didn't even start to hurt until I was about half way to the hospital and that is when it started.  All of a sudden I had a 6 pain just above my knee and that is when I found out the my femur was broke.  Traction knocked that down to a 3.  Good drugs in the hospital took care of the rest for a while.  Three days in the the hospital with a morphine drip and stayed at about a 2.  Once released the pain kicked in.  For about three weeks I stayed at 13 (givin your 15 level) I could't sit still for more then 5 minuets without wanting to die but it hurt more to move.  I couldn't get out of be to goto the bathroom can you say pee bottle(unles I had to sit down then I would force myself up)  I must have pulled every muscle in my left leg because when I went to sit down I would make it about half way and I would get a 25 pain spike in my hip.  This would make the leg give out and I would fall the rest of the way down. 14 upon landing.  From my bed to the bathroom was about 15 feet and if I didn't have a glass of water and a cold cloth to put on my head I felt like I was going to get sick and pass out.  After those three weeks it dropped down to an 8.  I could atleast find a comfortable position to stay in. This lasted for a week.  Forth week I was starting to sit up some.  Pain was 5 then back to 8 if I sat to long.  Back to bed and a 5.  After about five weeks it was down to 2-3 where it stayed for another month. Then for the third month physical therapy kicked in.  Back up to a 5.  Finally four months later I could go back to work on light duty which was about 3.  Two months on light duty (behind a desk) then back to the floor.  I'm a mechanic for Delta so I did a lot of walking.  Stayed at a 3 for about another month or so.  Finally after about 7 months I was pain free for the most part.  Maybe a 1 once and while but Advil killed that.  
I forgot about the two follow up surgeries within this time frame also.  Once I started therapy I found out that one of the screws just above my knee was to long and when the tendon would rub it was a 7 easly. Once a callus formed it didn't hurt until I would get a little more range of motion(ROM).  Then a new spot on the tendon would rub and back to a 7 again.  Once I got almost full ROM then the tendon would slip over the screw and get stuck there.  12 until I could get it back where it belonged.
Surgery 2 (middle of third month after accident)
 Get that pesky screw removed.  Day one 7 each day after it droped.  End of week back to where I was before the surgery.
Surgery 3 (five months after accident)
  Tibia (Shin bone)still no healing but Fibula (little bone lower leg) healed  Two screws removed from just below knee and the fibula had to have a 1/2 cut out of it to allow the tibia to compress so it would heal.  Pain 8 first day then 5 for about two weeks.
Surgery 4 (1 year 11 months after accident)
 Hardware removal.  Day of surgery was a 4 that night stayed at a 7 even with morphine(not giving me as much as the original hospital stay)  Second day getting home 8 once there and in bed back to a 6.  Day three a 3 where it stayed for two days.  Now it is just a dull ache in my knee and I have to keep it supported or it hits a 4 spike.
 So I hope you injoyed the last two years of my life.  I know I sure did.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

And to top it all off now there is a guy on a bike racing up and down the road.
mad.gif

laugh.gif

wow.... not too good to have to endure 2 years of that. wonder how biggerdanno is doing.

did you include the other injuries from the wreck? I'm sure your leg/hip were not the only casualties.

wow.... not too good to have to endure 2 years of that. wonder how biggerdanno is doing.

did you include the other injuries from the wreck? I'm sure your leg/hip were not the only casualties.
Nope it was just my legs. The right one was broken in four places and the left hip was pulled pretty badly. Can you say DOING THE SPLITS at a high rate of speed. I got VERY lucky
Yes the screw tendon thing did truly suck.

I would also like to know how biggerdanno is doing. Anybody talk to him?

Well the four weeks have passed and I just got back from the doctors.  I still can't put any weight on my leg.  The part of the bone that broke when one of the rods were removed still isn't 100% so the doc said no work for another three weeks.  
laugh.gif

mad.gif
Sorry mixed emotions.  On one hand I like the vacation but on the other hand this really sucks I'm bored out of my mind and I hate crutches
jimcrutches.gif
 And wouldn't you know it.  It's 65 deg out, not a cloud in the sky and where am I?  Sitting on the couch going stir crazy.
crazy.gif
 Well atleast I didn't wait until April like I originally planned.  This way I will be ready for Laguna

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>I'M FREE</span> I just got back from the Doc and my leg is healed. Now all I have to do is get the strength back in my knee and I can start riding again. About a week or two should do it.
jump9.gif
jump9.gif
jump9.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>I'M FREE</span> I just got back from the Doc and my leg is healed.  Now all I have to do is get the strength back in my knee and I can start riding again.  About a week or two should do it.
jump9.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif
That is some great News there. Glad to hear that.
kickass.gif
kickass.gif
kickass.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

kickass.gif

kickass.gif

Back