Lucky me

Would like to wish you good luck, hope all goes great. Sounds like you got places to go and things to do this summer.

Well it appears that the hospital only owns one screw driver and it's being used Friday so now I have to wait until Monday.
laugh.gif
This july will be my 10 year anniversary for my big crash and I still have a rod in my tibia and 2 screws...

why are you taking yours out??? doesn't affect you with them in?? doesn't affect me anyways.

unless of course you break your leg again and bend the rod. then your screwed..

Thanks TNJ Yep it's going to be a fun summer.
RGD808, I do have some pain from hardware and just want it out. It hurts to put to much weight on my knee if I kneel and the screw above my knee is starting to bug me more each day. From day one my doctor has told me that after about two years he wanted to remove everything and 3/10 would be two years. So I'm getting all the hardware taken out now so I can enjoy summer. I would rather not go through this at all but no more pain just sounds good.

i can't kneel down on my bad knee either without pain. and if i bump my ankle by where the screw is it hurts but i've just gotten used to it i guess. good luck getting them taken out.

i was awake when they took 3 of my screws out and the 3 pins in my wrist. intresting that they used an allen wrench similar to the one in my tool box. hehe

Thanks RGD. I guess the tool they use to get the rods back it like a slide hammer(dent puller) That is one thing I don't want to hear so it's nighty night for me.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Well tomorrow is the big day. I am going to stay overnight at the hospital so I will see you all in a few days.

Well I made it.  My knee is pretty sore but other than that it's not to bad.  When they were removing the rod from my femur part of the bone broke so it's about 4 weeks with no weight bearing.  This sucks but what can you do.  I am just glad to have it over and done with.  They let me keep all of the hardware so I'll post pics later.  For now it's bed rest and healing.  But I will back up and ridding in time for summer.

By the way, Thanks Ben

GOOD FOR YOU JIM..

THANKS FOR SHARING THE PIC. NOW I KNOW WHAT MY ROD LOOKS LIKE.

GET WELL SOON AND DON'T PUSH YOURSELF, YOU'LL HEAL FASTER IF YOUR EASY ON IT.

GOOD FOR YOU JIM..

THANKS FOR SHARING THE PIC. NOW I KNOW WHAT MY ROD LOOKS LIKE.

GET WELL SOON AND DON'T PUSH YOURSELF, YOU'LL HEAL FASTER IF YOUR EASY ON IT.
laugh.gif
Glad I could help
laugh.gif
You're not kidding though I'm definitely taking it slow. The sooner I am done with this the better the last thing I need to do is make it worse.

laugh.gif

Okay, so explain to us the pain threshold in your experience with that injury, from start to current. 1 being bearable, 10 being the most extreme pain. Nothing to do with my broken toe, but I was severely burned 4 years ago, and that was a 15 on the 1 to 10 meter.

Back