Back home after back surgery

FloydV

Donating Member
Registered
Had a fusion of L3/L4 and a 1" thick piece of scar tissue (from previous surgeries) removed.

For the first time in 4 years, I can walk and stand as long as I like without having pain in my leg bring me to a seated position. Three surgeries, three doctors. You just have to find the right one.

I have my bike up on stands, which was easy with the coaching from you guys. The gas is full and has Stabul in it. The battery tender keeps it charged and I run it once a week until it reaches operating temperature. I can't ride for 6 months and I will follow directions for once in my life so I don't screw up a good thing. Guess I'll have to bore the s*** out of you guys.

Keep it coming...Good to hear that the surgery went well and that you are already reaping the benefit...Take your time and advise of the doctor...

wow.gif

Just had same procedure on L5 and S1.  Feel freakin awesome now so I know what you mean.  Cant wait to get on the Busa again.  Can't ride so I have been working on it for the last week.

Take it easy and heal up quick

BTW, I'll show you my xrays if you show me yours
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Black Bird Killer
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143700783 -->

Glad to hear all went well. I hope that 6 month seperation from the Busa flies by for you and you'll be riding pain-free in no time.

Take your time and heal the right way

whatta you mean bore the #### out of us you should know that we all live on here you'll just give us some more to read and respond to
biggrin.gif

Thanks guys! The leg and back are great. The only thing that went bad was that I had an allergic reaction to the material used on the operating bed, some kind of new gel-foam material. It gave me two 2 x 6 " second degree burns on my chest. They showed up over about an 8 hour period post op. They are very tender (they blistered), and the pressure of the brace aggravates them.

So, I'll have to limit my time up with the brace strapped down. As long as I lay on my back, I can unstrap and let the burns breath. It'll all work out in about a month.

Our dryer went out and we had a new one delivered. I watched those guys like a hawk, lest they bump the bike over. I don't think I've ever been so possessive of one object.

I know what your talking about. I'm 5 weeks post triple bypass surgery. I must walk out into the garage and look at the 'Busa 10 times a day. Can't wait till I ride again.

Back