Back Surgery !!

Had2

Registered
Well fellas I did it, I had my L5 Fuzed on thursday Dec 6th and let me tell you the pain I'm in right now from them going through my lumbar muscle to put the hardware in is some of the most excrusiating (hope I spelled it right) pain I have ever, ever, ever gone through. I hurt so f***ing bad, but from what the doc says is that the first 4 to 6 days is by far the worst. God I hope so....
Thanks for all the personal input that was put in about my question about what I could be expecting
-JON

Wow good luck on that. Back surgery is so touchy. DO NOT rush anything for sure. Take it easy and heal slowly so you get as close to 100% as possible....

And there in lies the problem!! You will probably never get back to 100%.
I was lucky enough after my surgery on my L4-L5-S1 to heal up nicely and kept myself out of a wheelchair.
You do need to take it easy during the healing process and do NOT rush or push youself!!!

Good luck with recovery.

I've had 2 back surgerys, one at 19 and another at 24, I live with pain everyday and I'm only 31.

I had L3-L5 both times.

Hopefully it does not get infected, mine did, you wanna talk about pain, holy hell

Any who the best of luck, it will get better.

I have had 2 as well. 1 in 97 and the other in 06. Still in pain everyday, Please and I can not stress it enough Please take your time and let it heal the best it can. Nothing is worth rushing. Good luck

Enjoy your meds. The PT you do afterwards (while painful, you MUST do it TO THE LETTER) will help you in the end.

Thanks for the thoughts, prayers and pointers to those of you who have already gone thru, something similar, and those who care. I'm 30 years old, although pretty young for something liike this I have learned my lessons on listening to the doctors and not rushing healing after surgerys' (3 ACL's in same knee because I didn't listen to the docs about 13 years ago) that being said I'm not expecting a 100% difference, but if I can get by without living on pain killers is all I'm after. I've been on the damn things for almost a year now, and hate having to make sure I have them with me where ever I go. Although more often then not you feel pretty damn good on them,:laugh: the novelty of them has worn off and am tired of having to live my life around what my back can take without making sure the pills are close by. Well they say 3 months no work, and not lifting over 10lbs for awhile, which by the way is very difficult to get my 2 daughters 4 and 2, to understand that daddy can't pick them up for awhile, and for the 2 year old who is a daddy's girl cries and goes and sits by herself for a min cause I don't pick her up anymore..... All that being said I just want to thank you guys for the prayers and support and vent a little bit and I'll keep you posted if it was worth it or no....:thumbsup:

-JON

Back