Crashing a busa = safer than wakeboarding....

Zoinks!

Registered
So, as most of you know I was in an accident on the bike about a month ago. Walked away from that with just a couple bruises. Nothing bad at all. So Saturday I'm out on the lake with the family and I'm wakeboarding and something happens and I break my femur in 4 places. I don't even know why it broke. I landed the jump just fine. The edge of the board didn't catch or anything like that. But somehow I got a spiral fracture of my right femur. The strongest bone in the human body. I'm 24 years old. The doctor said no one my age ever breaks the femur. If it breaks it's always elderly people who have brittle bones. I now have a titanium rod down the center of the bone with 4 screws in it (2 at the top, 2 at the bottom). They say crutches for a month, 6 months to be fairly recovered and a year for full recovery....

OUCH! Man, that's a huge bummer. Seems like ya just can't catch a break... wait, too soon? :laugh:

Sorry man, really, that does suck.

Man...that SUX Zoinks. Best wishes with the rehab & recovery. It may take a little while.

Y'all knew this was coming...

this thread is useless without pics.jpg

Man, tough story. Just think, you have a "million-dollar man" leg now. You'll be fearless riding the bike after you heal up.
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh man. That's a bummer. Sorry to hear this.
You break it on the take off or landing?

Landing. It wasn't even a "bad" landing. It seemed like a normal landing. All up until the part where my leg broke. It was a complete break. The 2 different pieces of my leg were getting flopped around by waves and stuff. Felt AMAZING!

OUCH! Man, that's a huge bummer. Seems like ya just can't catch a break... wait, too soon? :laugh:

Sorry man, really, that does suck.

Lol, it's all good. One of my friends made that joke a few hours after it happened, so you're all good.

Kevin I hope you were in full gear.:poke:

Does a swim suit and life jacket count? Lol.

Y'all knew this was coming...

Yeeea, I have one of the surgery incision, but I don't have my USB cable so I can't post it right now. I'm not entirely sure it's org-able. There aren't really any private areas showing. Just of my hip, sitting in the bed.

sorry to hear about the luck. so are you gonna be able to wake board again?

my grandfathers pro race career was ended with a motorcycle crash into a concrete barrier at over 100mph. broke his femor in several places. bad part about that happening in 1940 is that he had to wear a full body cast for almost a year. could you imagine having an itch on your foot? id have to drill scatch holes. ive had plenty of casts to be sure of that.

Landing. It wasn't even a "bad" landing. It seemed like a normal landing. All up until the part where my leg broke. It was a complete break. The 2 different pieces of my leg were getting flopped around by waves and stuff. Felt AMAZING !!!!

That's an image that makes me feel queasy.
Can't imagine how it made you feel.
I think it was RussellJ who recently broke his leg playing soccer?

All these sports injuries make me glad I'm a lazy couch potato.
Live a longer healthier life :)

Best wishes healing up quick.

Edit: yes it was Russ. He posted xrays above.

That's an image that makes me feel queasy.
Can't imagine how it made you feel.
I think it was RussellJ who recently broke his leg playing soccer?

All these sports injuries make me glad I'm a lazy couch potato.
Live a longer healthier life :)

Best wishes healing up quick.

It will be 9 months in a week and I still haven't ran much since the break. The pain when I run is finally beginning to ease up...

But I have been rebuilt. Better, stronger, and faster than before.

Russ how does that rod affect the marrow in your bone?
Looks like it would totally displace it? Does that rod stay in forever?
If it comes out will the marrow replace itself?

Back